are your lips addicated to CHAPSTICK, BLISTEX, LIPGLOSS, LIPSTICK????????

are you lips addicated to CHAPSTICK, BLISTEX, LIPGLOSS, LIPSTICK????????

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
I too am addicted to chapstick. I used to always use Blistex. It got to the point that if I didn't have anything on my lips I would get a feeling like I needed something on. It was weird. Anyway, I was told that the ingredient camphor is in alot of the chapsticks (blistex being one that has it) and it dries the lips. After that I stopped using Blistex and started using Burts Bees. Even though my lips still feel dry, I don't have that feeling like I need to put chapstick on. I also don't apply it as much as I used to when I used Blistex.

I'm very addicted to my chapstick and lipgloss otherwise my lips will get dry. I always find myself applying them every few hrs and there were a few times that I lost my chapstick for days and I went nuts.. on total chapstick withdraw!! From then on, I had boxes of chapstick laying around the house just in case.

Regarding how our lips get so dependent on chapstick because of our persistent usage, maybe that explains why we don't see alot of men reaching for chapsticks? My bf's lips are always well moisturized w/o any product on.

Chapstick, Carmex addiction, etc is sometimes caused by the ingredients contained in the balm. For example, many of these products contain menthol which is an alcohol that dries out the lips. So, if you think you moisturizing your lips with these things, you are actually doing the opposite. How else do you think these manufacturers makes their money??

I would stay away from these products and look for those that don't contain menthol or anything similar. And of course, use them sparingly if you don't want to be addicted!!

Now handbags, that's a whole other story...

Melissa71 said:
Definitely addicted to chapstick. :o) If I don't put any on my lips dry out, and feel awful. I keep one in the car, one in my purse, and a few in the house. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one.

That is so funny! I do the same thing =)

helenNZ said:
:Push: i've lost my chapstick again! serves me right for not wearing pants with pockets!!! i think i've torn my office apart trying to look for it! :roflmfao:

That's why you should always have spares. One at home and one in your office. ;) This is such a scary addiction... :Push:

CastoCreations said:
I have my chapstick everywhere...my desk at work, my purse, my work space at home, drawers, next to my bed, in the car. *sigh* If I somehow find myself without one I can't focus until I get the stuff on my lips. I think that's definitely an addiction! LOL

that reminds me. I recenlty moved to North Dakota. Yes, people actually live there and the wind can be pretty harsh on the prairie. I was visiting my friend's grandmother and one of the bathroom drawers was half open and FILLED with chapstick tubes. I mentioned it to my friend and she laughed saying that she had even more in the upstairs bathroom. And that she had a few drawersful herself!

In the summe rmonths my nose tends to get stuffy at night, so I sleep with my mouth open and my lips dry out like crazy.

But I found that if I put Vaseline on them before bed, they're soft and pretty in the morning!

I am very much addicted to lipgloss. It's sad really. I go crazy if I can't have lip gloss, or can't find it. I hate the feeling of dry lips, so much so that I have one everywhere...at work, in the car, at home, in my purse and in my school bag.

thithi said:
Chapstick, Carmex addiction, etc is sometimes caused by the ingredients contained in the balm. For example, many of these products contain menthol which is an alcohol that dries out the lips.

Totally agree! I found out about this a little while ago, and so far, 3 formulas (the only ones I use for purely moisturization) are the only ones I use. I don't have to use them that often. They are, as mentioned previously, Burt's Bees; Rosebud Lip Salve, and Kiss My Face lip balm (comes in a few different flavors/scents, organic).