Are your friends and family members into LV handbags like you are?

Noone in my family is interested in LV handbags or any other designer products. They would never spend money on this, but at least they don´t judge me directly. I have only 1 friend who appreciates luxury products as much as I do, but she is not into LV.

Reactions: MooMooVT
Omg! Mine loves his boat too.... so much so I named the boat the Mistress.......

We went to dinner tonight and I was talking about buying another Louie.... he started talking about buying another boat.....
LOL! Glad I'm not the only wife out there :wave: Hopefully were done with boat buying for awhile, but he's also got the footitis you know? "please, just a little bigger, you'd love it"!

LOL! Glad I'm not the only wife out there :wave: Hopefully were done with boat buying for awhile, but he's also got the footitis you know? "please, just a little bigger, you'd love it"!
Yep. I wish it would stop. He said last week he may sell this one and go bigger....

Then he says... do you wanna live on a boat

I’m like no. The huskies aren’t going on the boat. My bags don’t want to live on a boat. I’m gonna put him on the boat... I could use the space for more pretty bags and shoes

I visit my local LV store VERY often, probably at least twice per month. The sales people know me quite well and seem to like when stop by just to look around. They are all very friendly and do not mind if I look at handbags even though I am not going to buy one that day.I love to look at all of the new handbags that come in.
I am the opposite. I don't go to the store, unless I am quite ready to try on and buy the bag that I have been researching on. I dont like the SAs hovering around me, or asking if they could be of any help. I feel a bit pressured. LoL. High end mall is about 1 1/2 -2 hours from my house, so its probably one of the reasons why I don't visit often.

I have one or two friends that are into luxury goods even more than I am but I don’t see them very often. The close friends and family don’t get it.

No, not weird at all. I have the exact same experience. What bag I wear on a particular day is determined by who I may be seeing. I definitely don’t wear my luxury brands when out with certain groups of people just to avoid the discussion of how much I’ve spent.
Same here. The kind and brand of bag I use also depends on my companion or who I will be meeting. But, basically I use my luxury bags when I am going out with my husband and kids, and when I go out by myself. Of course, it's a different story during parties where one has to look her best.

Yep. I wish it would stop. He said last week he may sell this one and go bigger....

Then he says... do you wanna live on a boat

I’m like no. The huskies aren’t going on the boat. My bags don’t want to live on a boat. I’m gonna put him on the boat... I could use the space for more pretty bags and shoes
Amen sister!! We've got a 90 pd chow and NO HE CAN'T JUST HOP ON AND OFF IT. We spend 3 days at a time on it and no I won't turn the aft berth into a bag closet:annoyed:

Reactions: Cate14
I’m pretty much on my own as well. I started with coach and Michael kors. I bought my first LV in 2012. I’ve bought a few bags and SLG’s since. My husband and parents didn’t understand at all at first. Then I started selling a few items that I wasn’t using anymore for what I paid and sometimes more due to the item being discontinued. This made my hubby and parents understand more. I keep my collection in great condition and hope to have them for a very long time. I actually buy less now that I’m spending more per item and my collection has covered my basis. My friends are still only into coach and Michael kors. They don’t care too much about bags. They also have kids and different priorities which is great. To each his own...right?! Lol

Before me no one in my circle owned LV. Now my close friend, sister, and mother all have LV. Before they were only buying Coach and MK. Even my SO wants an LV backpack now!

So definitely my affection for LV rubbed off on everyone around me. My mom is the most surprising because I'm like, um if you were into LV when you were my age it would've been SO much cheaper!