Food Are you vegan or vegetarian or a normal eater?

Are you vegan or vegetarian or a normal eater?

• I am a normal eater

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • I am vegetarian

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • I am vegan

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • I only eat fruit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I only eat fruit that has not been picked from a tree, but fallen down on its own

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
I’m vegan at home but on occasion when I dine out at a restaurant that doesn’t have vegan options I might end up ordering something that has cheese. But more restaurants are offering vegan dishes and sometimes they are willing to create one. I’ve learned to ask.

I eat meat but having learnt how bad for the environment this is, I am making a huge effort to eat vegan and veggie. Since I have swapped from meat to vegan my skin is clearer, I sleep better, I am less stressed and I breathe easier (prior to this I struggled to breathe through my nose at night times).... It has made a Huge difference.

I think a big part is swapping cows milk to oat and almond milk. Oat milk in coffee does not curdle unlike soya milk which sometimes does.

My advise to l is TRY IT and see after about 10 days if it has made a difference to you.

Reactions: jdr87
I eat meat but having learnt how bad for the environment this is, I am making a huge effort to eat vegan and veggie. Since I have swapped from meat to vegan my skin is clearer, I sleep better, I am less stressed and I breathe easier (prior to this I struggled to breathe through my nose at night times).... It has made a Huge difference.

I think a big part is swapping cows milk to oat and almond milk. Oat milk in coffee does not curdle unlike soya milk which sometimes does.

My advise to l is TRY IT and see after about 10 days if it has made a difference to you.

That's so cool that you've seen differences! I've read about people noticing things like that before. I'm a vegetarian (maybe I need to go vegan?), but not a particularly healthy one, so I've never noticed much and am impressed by those who do!

Also, I would encourage you to check out the environmental impact (specifically water usage) of almond milk production since you already show an interest in environmental concerns. I don't mean to push anyone one way or the other because food choices are so complex, but I wanted to share that since it was shocking to me when I recently looked into it. From what I've seen, oat milk and soy milk are excellent alternatives when the environment is a concern.