Are you meant to get a box with an LV bag purchase?

howardu09

good idea. They shipped me my WC speedy but didn't send me the box... I am thinking if I should go to my local LV store to ask for one. I also just realized that several of my LV bags don't really have a box. Don't know if they will be nice enough to give me two.

I ordered something from Chicago and they failed to give me a box - my local boutique was kind enough to give me a box (and inside it had an empty dust bag!). It all worked out in the end! :tup:

I always request the box, I like to store my bags in them, with a pic of the bag on the end of the box. I know I am "anal" about how I organize them. I have also sold a couple of my bags and it is nice to be able to send them in a box.

I went to LV store to ask for the box today. Luckily I called before, since now they required to look at the receipt first. I showed them the receipt for the speedy. Then the SA brought me the box (the paper box) for me. Later on I asked another SA to see if they can be the gift box (better materials one), however she then told me that the biggest they got can't really fix my 35 speedy, and said that they usually fold up their speedy to store????? But anyway, I took the gift box and tried at home. The speedy fit but too tight... So I ended up can't use the gift box for my 35 speedy but then I will use it for my Neo speedy (which again didn't come with the box when I bought it years ago).

I went to LV store to ask for the box today. Luckily I called before, since now they required to look at the receipt first. I showed them the receipt for the speedy. Then the SA brought me the box (the paper box) for me. Later on I asked another SA to see if they can be the gift box (better materials one), however she then told me that the biggest they got can't really fix my 35 speedy, and said that they usually fold up their speedy to store????? But anyway, I took the gift box and tried at home. The speedy fit but too tight... So I ended up can't use the gift box for my 35 speedy but then I will use it for my Neo speedy (which again didn't come with the box when I bought it years ago).

is yours a mono or WC? they usually does fold the monos.

They do make big boxes, as I got one for my galliera PM. As far as storing the purse in the box, I live in Canada and have very dry climate, so should it be ok to store the purse in the box. We don't have problems with mold where I live. I love the box because it protects my galliera.

I always ask for a box, ribbons and an envelope to put my receipt in. Sometimes I even ask SAs to wrap it nicely so I have something pretty to open at home! Just like Xmas! :P

I usually ask for a box. The SA I usually deal with knows how OCD I am about my LVs, but if I deal with another SA, I ask.

I have also purchased LVs out of country, which means I can't pack the box up with me, and as long as I bring the receipt, the local boutique has no problem giving me a box. (They've never asked to SEE the receipt, but I was advised to bring it when I called ahead.)

when i got my lv montsouris gm (sp) years ago i got this great big box it isnt like the ones ive gotten in the last few years~it was a hard type box and very strong/well made (you cant fold it up like the new ones)~ i use it to put all my little lv boxes and other lv stuff inside~ last dec i bought a neverfull and then decided to give it to my mum~ i went back the next day to see if i could get a box the SA made a huge deal about it and told me she couldnt because people were using them to sell fakes~ one of the two sa that i always work with(she is also the manager) came by to see what was going on and right away said yes and she even wrapped up all nice~ i just think if you have a good relationship with a sa they will do anything they can for you~ when the wc speedy came out she put one aside so i could see it~

Boxes: Does elux always give boxes even if you don't ask?

Storage: If you really want to store your LVs in the box and are worried about moisture causing mold, just throw in a few of those Silica gel packs. (you know those ones that we get inside new purses and shoeboxes) That would take care of any moisture problems and they're free! ;)

The first time I bought from my current SA, he just placed the item in a dustbag. I told him afterwards that I love my boxes so now I never have to ask for them, and he even gives me extras. It was so cute, last time I bought a couple of bandeaus, he and another SA were arguing (in front of Mr TFFC who was paying) over what box I'd want for them (the long thin ones or the smaller thicker ones) and then finally decided to ask me. LOL I feel so loved :blush:

Btw, I keep all my brown paper bags. We are moving house right now and they are so so useful!