Are You Afraid Of Being Labeled A Returner???!!!

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
OK-we have all done it...returned a bag we thought we loved...or couldnt accept the price we paid for it.....Who here is AFRAID of being LABELED a returner by their SA???!!!
I dont know why....I rarely return...but egads...Why do I always feel guilty when I return-How do you guys feel??

I rarely return, but when I called today about the bag I'm returning later this evening, I felt a little :shame: The SA asked me to come in on Saturday and see if I wanted anything else, but I went ahead and ordered from another location. But, you shouldn't feel bad because it's your money, not the SA's, not anyone else's :amuse:

YES YES YES!! When I return something I am almost too embarrassed to do it. Sometimes I try to get someone else to return it for me. When, I go shopping, I seem to return things at American Eagle frequently. Don't get me wrong, I love AE (most times) and I usually am happy with stuff when I get it at other AE's but for some reason I always return things at the American Eagle closet to me at Monroeville Mall. I swear, they know me by face AND name now...AS far as purses go, I often feel, that they think, I can't afford it, so I have to take it back...

You should have seen the SA's face at the La Mer counter the day I returned all the product I had bought. :P You should have seen my face - because one look and it was clear why I was returning that crap. :amazed:

I have never returned a handbag; I think the guilt thing comes from working retail though - if you have been an SA then you appreciate getting good service and it is natural that you would feel guilty returning an item from someone who gave good service.

I wouldn't really want that label, especially after working in jewelry for a bit, we know who is going to come back and try to return something. Its probably no skin off the person's ass, but I'd hate to seem unreliable or just plain indecisive.

At this point, I deserve the "serial returner" label as I have been extremely indecisive in my quest to find the perfect bag. My question is, do the SAs know when a particular client returns a bag? My SA went waaaayyyy above and beyond to find a bag for me and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it. Will she find out based on her commission statement or will I remain anonymous? I don't think I will be able to face her if she knows I returned the bag...

Loganz said:
You should have seen the SA's face at the La Mer counter the day I returned all the product I had bought. :P You should have seen my face - because one look and it was clear why I was returning that crap. :amazed:

:blink: That must have been some allergic reaction you got there. I'm glad you returned the product. :biggrin:

If she makes commission-Yes-She will find out who returned it.My SA at Saks has the returns directly given to her to credit....eek!I have admittedly returned 2 bags this year-However I have bought at least 6 more from the same SA...The 2 I returned ...I never saw in person...and really hated when I got them.I was such a chicken about returning that I mailed them to the store for a return....I dont know why I feel so bad..it IS my money but who knows!!

JAP4life said:
YES YES YES!! When I return something I am almost too embarrassed to do it. Sometimes I try to get someone else to return it for me. When, I go shopping, I seem to return things at American Eagle frequently. Don't get me wrong, I love AE (most times) and I usually am happy with stuff when I get it at other AE's but for some reason I always return things at the American Eagle closet to me at Monroeville Mall. I swear, they know me by face AND name now...AS far as purses go, I often feel, that they think, I can't afford it, so I have to take it back...
OT..I used to shop at Monroeville Mall!!!

i returned a bottega hobo to saks earlier this year and haven't gone back since. I feel so bad. I don't know what's worse, feeling guilty about owning it, or feeling guilty about taking it back.

Jill said:
Loganz-
La Mer gave me the WORST allergic reaction too!( I found out that they have APPLES in their eye serum...which I am deathly allergic to!)NOT FUN!

Oh, I am so glad to know I am not the only one who reacted poorly to their products. I am so sorry that you had such a bad reaction - who would think some of the products they put in these serums.

I only buy cosmetics from store like Nordies where I know I can return if there is an "issue".