Are you a one-brand-er or a collector of different brands and why? Please chat away!

ishop05 said:
A collector of different brands! My husband allows me to take 1 bag for each designer... Although a have a few with doubles :smile:

Same here .. hubby allows me to have 1 of each brand when i started collecting a year ago but now he allows me to have at least 2 😄😄😄.. Except for Gucci i have 3 .. 😁😁😁

I am with "no specific brand" team here.
There is no reason to buy just that particular brand to be "LV girl" "Chanel girl" or anything.
I've bought even cheap nameless bags because I enjoy using them.

i am guilty of being a one brander. unless there is a bag that i realllyy want and cant't live without, i would stick my spending on anya hindmarch. for the more affordable ones, coach would be my choice. i'm an anya and a coach junkie. ::P:

I am very brand-loyal. Part of that is because I love branding as an industry. Another part of it is that I have trust issues when it comes to quality. The brands I like are very good at showing me what is good quality and what things go together, so I don't have to trust my own judgment so much.

For bags, I like Coach because they have a large selection that I can see in person and try on. Now that they have re-introduced legacy bags, I feel that if I wait long enough, I'll be able to fill every niche in my wardrobe with smooth leather bags in colors and styles that I love. I think my biggest concern about going with another brand of bag is that it might fall apart more quickly. Why pay more to get something you don't like as well? Also I've established a comfort level with the style, materials, pocket structure, so it almost seems like I am not changing bags every day. And then there is the size: I prefer small shoulder bags, and most of the premiere designer bags I see in person are medium to large bags.

Haven't fallen in love with MK, but if there were a Marc Jacobs or Kate Spade store nearby, I could probably be converted. I also, like Chloe, Celine, Balenciaga and Ferragamo, but the selection and prices keep me from puling the trigger.

For work clothes, I gravitate to Ann Taylor. Used to love Adrienne Vittadini when they had a store. J Crew hasn't drawn me in yet. Don't know why.

For jeans, Gap. The SAs patiently wait for me to try on their wide selection of fits and tell me what looks best.

For furniture, I go straight to Ethan Allen.

For shoes, Coach (for quality and durability) or Dillards, maybe Nordstrom for a browse.

For coffee creamers, International Delight. Big fan.

Trusting other brands is a lot of extra work for me. One new brand at a time, I guess....

I'm definitely not loyal to just one brand, and I'm at a time in my life where the classic, outlasting myself in style bags isn't something I'm into. I'm still fairly young and wouldn't go for Chanel, Hermes, anything quilted, etc.

I really like the Marc by Marc Jacobs bags, Rebecca Minkoff, and Longchamp. But it's much more about the design and price (good sales!) that makes me interested.

I'm not loyal to one brand but I do tennd to always fell in love with the same designers. I love the classic Chanel bags like flaps and GST, Balenciaga, BV and Mulberry. But I do like some LVs, too eg DE Evora, Mahina. Usually I go for the non logo brands with nice leather.

I go for different types of brands. I love variety, so I often check out other designers' bags whenever I'm shopping around. If the bag is beautifully made and excellent quality, and has all the specifications I'm looking for, then it's my favorite. I love Coach, Rebecca Minkoff, Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, etc. I can go on and on.