Are you a "logo whore"?

hmm i dunno... i do like monograms and such as I love printed accessories but i also own some all leather bags that I love just the same... maybe I am a label or logo whore when it comes to bags?

I have a couple of mono and MC pieces, and whilst I do love them, I don't think I'd be tempted to buy something so quite obvious in the future. I don't regret buying them as I think it's a classic design but in the future I'm going to stick to the less logo'ed bags. However, if a bag comes out that I love the design of, I wouldn't not buy it just because it has the LV logo all over it. I don't think carrying a logo bag is too much, it's when people start wearing names on their sunnies, t-shirt, bag, pants and shoes all at once that I think it gets a bit much.

No, not daily. I do however sometimes like to do it for fun. But I have very few pieces that scream. To me it's most important that the look is good, and I hate feeling like an advert.

i'm embarassed by the attention i get if my stuff screams the brand... i prefer to have my things quietly reek of class than shout it out loud. As much I would love to carry a Framboise cles, I'm only as daring as the Groom cles I got today :smile:

Furthermore i've been traumatised by an incident in the gym where my locker was broken into and the beloved Cartier watch I was wearing got stolen. :sad: From then on I try not to buy things that flashes "Rob Me!".

Yes, I am a logo whore. I love mono LV but only on my bags. But I also have bags from the other lines, epi & damier. I don't like the logo bags from other designers (except chanel). So, yes I Love Logo.

Nope I actually don't like the logo LVs at all because it's to loud IMO but I do love the denim line as the logo isn't that obvious in the stonewashed denim. I only have one LV bag (denim baggy pm), the rest are Balenciaga, BV, Chloe and my next will be a Chanel reissue).All those bags don't have any logo on them or just very tiny on the hardware so that it's not so obvious.
This is the same with my cloths. All logos are just inside my cloths. I just prefer the more silent way when it comes to brand names.
But Some logo styles I do like on other people.

My favourite LV collection is the Suhali - so based on this, I would conclude that I'm not a logo whore. Having said that, I do have monogram bags! I don't think that makes me a logo whore though. Maybe if I bought it for the sole reason of showing off the label, then yes. However we all know the monogram canvas collection encompasses the widest variety of styles, so no wonder non-logo-whores can't resist adding a couple to their collection!

For clothes, the only logo-showing ones I have are Ralph Lauren polos. And even then, I only have three!

I guess I'm weird, maybe it's because I'm new to this. I don't so much see the logo anymore as I see the design. When I see one of the Monogram bags all I see is brown with neat little designs on it. I know they withstand hell and fire, and they are classic, therefore I want one :smile: I want to start collecting classic luxury items that will last me a lifetime.

I'm buying my first LV bag soon (probably a BH). I'd buy an Epi Leather bag that doesn't scream label to others, but I dislike the texture of the leather. I'm not at the point where I can buy something in the Suhali line, though once I gather up some basics I will buy from there. I know there are the brands that don't have labels all over them, like Chloe and Balenciaga, but those bags look too unkempt and distressed for my taste. Hah I don't even desire an Hermes birkin, though I do lust after the Hermes bolides and maybe one of the Kellys.

I've carried Juicy Couture bags on a number of occasions; everyone made comments about the brand before the bag. In all honesty, I still buy Juicy bags, because I LOVE bright, loud, playful colors and designs :smile: I thought about leaving the JC bag thing behind because everyone has *****ed so much about the label, but then I saw a new satchel the other day in bright turquoise and red and it was love at first sight XD I'm lusting after more than an LV bag! So much pretty color! ^_^

Besides, all of my clothing is non-logo-ed, except for my Lacoste polos, but hell they are polos hah.

I like to just think - "i like what i like" and whatever that happens to be, then so be it. I do like a lot of the monogram stuff, but only because i think the overall effect (with the vachetta and gold hardware) it looks cool and classy. But as you can see (on my collection page), i have only one piece of monogram...the rest is taiga, epi, glace...

I'm not a huge fan of other logos or trademarks. Don't care much for the gucci logo or other fabric logos...but i do like prada and the metal triangle. To me, and i suppose this might only apply to us here at tPF ;), the look of the balenciaga or the look of the hermes birkin is just as noticeable and recognizeable as the logo of lv.

also, I have 3 pairs of designer shoes, none of which are easily identified as designer, unless you are overly familiar with the lines.

and, none of my clothes have much of any label or trademark on them...im very much about basics and just looking sharp...although i do have a marc jacobs tee shirt that says his name on it...but its in a fun, sorta graffiti-esque way, so i like it...

(sorry for writing so much) :rolleyes:

It depends,I only wear two logos at a time. It would be a bag & a piece a jewlery with a logo. I am growing past my logo shirt phase abit. I am tired of hearing my dad calling me a walking bilboard!. I just try not to over do it (ex today I wore a pair of trouser style dark jeans,nicely fitted black tee,leapoard flats,black pea coat (slightly fitted) with a blue burberry novacheck watch & damier speedy 30 with a return to tiffany set. I wore a couple of logos but not very obvious!