Are women who carry fake designer bags big trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

You've nailed it.:hugs:

Kim Kardashian will Agree to this.
:blossom:

Very good, IFFAH! :roflmfao:

I don't judge people on whether they wear fake designer goods or not. There are many other important things for me to care about. However I can see a difference between someone wears fakes but claims they are the real thing and someone tells people their items are fakes. The latter almost wears fakes for novelty reason. Somehow they are not the same to me. :shrugs::shrugs:

No news like Faux News.

:roflmfao:

I think a lot of this article is maybe a blatant over-generalization. It does make sense that someone who is knowingly buying a fake in order to pass it off as real may be fake in other areas of their lives, but to say that someone who owns a fake LV or whatever is going to be a fake person in general is quite an overstatement. A lot women that I know of with fake bags really don't know any better and just bought a sort of real looking bag from a stand or a kiosk etc. thinking it was a "factory second" or something like that. They aren't bad people, they were just duped by bad people. Do I condone fakes? Absolutely 100% NO but I'm not going to condemn a person who was tricked into buying one. If someone I knew knowingly bought one, I'd educate them on why it's bad etc.

BRAVA and quite drole esp re: Kim K :ghi5:

Many valid points on both sides of the coin, but I shall refrain from throwing everyone into the same caldron ...

Last I remembered, Ms Martha Stewart spent 'quality time' where and she carried 'what' and let's not forget Madoff and company, the list goes on and many do not make headlines lol

I do detest those who totes around fakes and tries to pass them as authentic!!!

Oh good point- but I had to google that......did not realize what she was carrying.....My hubby just called and said he was so offended that there was a fake B in business class today: "Such a bad fake, the stamp says 'Hermes de Paris'" When did my hubby start reading purse stamps on business flights? :roflmfao:

I don't condone fakes because the industry exploits the workers who make them, but this ad hominem argument is a gross overgeneralization based on. . . nothing. It is also a justification for wealthy people who want to look down on those with less. Now it's not enough that I have a real whatever and you don't--now I can cast aspersions on your character because I have a real whatever and you don't! Phooey. I would hope that all of us assess people based on more substantial evidence than whether their bag looks authentic.

Eloquently put! Someone else said "No news like Faux News" and I had to chuckle... but I am new here so I'll stop there.

I think a person can not be defined by genuineness of a purse. There are so many fake people out there carrying 100% genuine [Hermes] bags. Just a thought.

I think a person can not be defined by genuineness of a purse. There are so many fake people out there carrying 100% genuine [Hermes] bags. Just a thought.

I think in this case though the point is that if someone is willing to lie to others about her purse being possibly a very expensive one, what else is she willing to lie about? Although you have a very good point. In the case you pointed out, they're carrying real H bags in order to prove something to other people and are therefore just as fake. It's a slippery slope! That's why I tend to hang out with people who carry H (and other brands) for the right reason, because they're beautiful objects, painstakingly created, not because they're a symbol of some sort of success.

You know what I think is worse than fake bags?? Women that paint their face with make-up to hide their age and imperfections, increase their boob size with operations, inject their lips with chemicals, inject their faces with botox (rat poison), tint their hair to hide the gray or change it to a colour that is not their own..that wear girdles to hide their rolls, that drive around town in their net worth, that have over extended their credit in order to fit a "stylized" type of living yet don't have a pot to pee in...and then have the gall to judge others...this is what being fake is to me...look at oneself first and ask...am I fake before judging others...there will always be fakes..it is impossible to stop, it's something we all must live with. As QnBee9 said "The bag doesn't define the woman." That's all...:smile:

i wanted to add in to the whole fake issue because the one thing that makes me feel even more shocked is what i have found some women do they mix in the very good clone fakes with the real thing i have recounted this story somehwere before i have a friend that went to month long trip to the orient since she went to japan and said she bought her gris T at a resale store we all as group (my friends!) went with the story when we were leaving the restaurant me and this friend were talking she noticed i kept looking at the bag in all honesty i was thinking how attractive the gris T looked because it looked less light a bit more fonce and since Hermes bags are not identical in all senses i observed the bag well. she naturally noticed and i said darling you know H is my thing....... and as i was about to say and i love your bag,she says ....well i guess theres no fooling you this bag is not the real thing but its sooo good and since i have real birkins i thought i could pull it off....... truthfully i answered you could but the reaction is what truly makes me see that you are just looking and checking is someone can tell ... so how can you buy this ???? and she answered its just its so good i like owning a birkin i bought for 500 usd. to that i replied its not a birkin not now not ever. but its just amazing !!!!! how some can do this.in all honesty anyone who does this is a bit dangerous

You know what I think is worse than fake bags?? Women that paint their face with make-up to hide their age and imperfections, increase their boob size with operations, inject their lips with chemicals, inject their faces with botox (rat poison), tint their hair to hide the gray or change it to a colour that is not their own..that wear girdles to hide their rolls, that drive around town in their net worth, that have over extended their credit in order to fit a "stylized" type of living yet don't have a pot to pee in...and then have the gall to judge others...this is what being fake is to me...look at oneself first and ask...am I fake before judging others...there will always be fakes..it is impossible to stop, it's something we all must live with. As QnBee9 said "The bag doesn't define the woman." That's all...:smile:

Botox is not rat poison. Rat poison is a blood thinner. Botox paralyzes muscles.

Hubby has eagle eyes for details^^

Oh good point- but I had to google that......did not realize what she was carrying.....My hubby just called and said he was so offended that there was a fake B in business class today: "Such a bad fake, the stamp says 'Hermes de Paris'" When did my hubby start reading purse stamps on business flights? :roflmfao:

purselover888 said:
Of course we would rather be 100% ethical about everything and give designers and fashion houses the credit, respect, and profits that they deserve.....So yes, counterfeit goods are bad, and I would never wear a counterfeit. But is a counterfeit bag on a person enough to make me conclude anything about that person?

No, that is silly! I mean, women are socially inculcated to enhance, accentuate, diminish everything up the wazoo. Have you ever worn a padded or push-up bra? Do you wear concealer? You might be suspected of being 5% more likely to be a liar than a woman who wears a training bra and her face nude. This isn't a world hunger or peace issue, and I find it so "Fox" to interview an expert about this. Because It. Is. So. Important. :hysteric:

:tup::tup::tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.