Are other people critical of your Louis splurges?

My friends are, yes. Some are understanding, but others, who prefer to spend at most $30 on a purse, think I'm stupid. Then they go on to complain two weeks later that theirs is falling apart. Their loss.

My sister gave me a little bit of a ribbing for spending $150 on a cles, but it was more in jest than in seriousness. She thinks it's a little crazy, but she knows I could say the amount she spends on videogames is crazy. I also countered with the fact that if someone gave her an LV wallet as a gift, she probably wouldn't refuse it. She sheepishly admitted she would keep it, because they're so nice. :P

I had several "friends" comment that they would never spend that much on a purse and that i had a need to "show off...". It hurt my feelings cause you would have thought that they were your "friends". I love LV purse because they are unique and second to none. I had a petite noe since I was 13 and it still looks great. As far as my family goes my husband is my biggest LV supporter. At first I was scared that he would not understand why I loved my purses and wanted more. I finally told him my reasons and how I felt, he basically said that if it made me happy that was all the justification I needed. So I would tell your BF privately, dont hide your LV or be afraid to show it. You bought it with your money so be proud of it. If his family doesnt understand right away, they will learn soon enough.

No but I don't comment on them either. Like Irene says maybe they fo it but not to my face. Personally, I love my purses and becuase no one is buying them for me, I could not careless. Just my humble opinion

No one had said anything to me and especially not friends.
My friends would never say anything to me. If anything they would compliment me on it and make a nice comment. They know If I have something, I like it and wouldn't say something negative.
My DH did get a little upset before when I first starting buying them. But I look at it this way:
I don't ask for expensive jewelry, I don't want to go to pricey dinners, I don't buy $$$ make-up & clothes and if I don't go to Target 6 times, I saved enough to get a purse on ebay from a Mypoupette seller. DH jokes a trip to Target is $100.00 and I don't even need the stuff I get. So if I don't go, I justify the bag purchase and don't care what other people think!!:graucho:
If someone has enough nerve to say something about it, they'd get an ear full from me!! :rant:

I'm So Sorry You Have To Feel That Way In Your Boyfriend's Home...What Do You Think Would Happen If You Were It? I Think You Were Doing Something Nice For Yourself (We All Need That).....Does Boyfriend Know? Maybe You Should Talk Him About It. HTH

As For Myself, No One Is Critical. My Husband Is Generally Part Of My Spluges & My Family Before Him (Well, My Family Still Is!).....I Definitely Splurge On My Own.....It's My Business.

***I Think Many Can Get Jealous & Not Always In A Bad Way. Some Don't Feel They Deserve A Bag For That Much Money. So, When They Someone Close To Them Buy It Can Be Hard.

I Very Much Dislike When People Criticize Others......It's Just Rude.

simplyprincess said:
I had several "friends" comment that they would never spend that much on a purse and that i had a need to "show off...". It hurt my feelings cause you would have thought that they were your "friends". I love LV purse because they are unique and second to none. I had a petite noe since I was 13 and it still looks great. As far as my family goes my husband is my biggest LV supporter. At first I was scared that he would not understand why I loved my purses and wanted more. I finally told him my reasons and how I felt, he basically said that if it made me happy that was all the justification I needed. So I would tell your BF privately, dont hide your LV or be afraid to show it. You bought it with your money so be proud of it. If his family doesnt understand right away, they will learn soon enough.[/quote]
:yes: ...ditto!...:yes:

As for other people being critical on my purses...
NOPE, I guess my friends and relatives already got used with ME and my BAGS.
and know that I hardly care of what other people thinks.;)

My friends are not critical of my vuitton bags but one friend in particular copies EVERYTHING I have and I HATE it. :rant:
Whenever I buy a new bag, she gushes over it and before u know it, she has one exactly like it. :hysteric:
I wish she'd stop...:girlsigh:

gummybear said:
My friends are not critical of my vuitton bags but one friend in particular copies EVERYTHING I have and I HATE it. :rant:
Whenever I buy a new bag, she gushes over it and before u know it, she has one exactly like it. :hysteric:
I wish she'd stop...:girlsigh:

Same happens to me with both my friend AND her sister. Ugh.

Anyway my other friends just say, you spend HOW much on THAT??
I hate that..

Funny story

One of my hubby's first cousins who always says she spends SO much money on this and that asked my husband to bring her back a "fake" LV wallet from his travels (he travels everywhere) so he says ok what do you want and she says oh anything you think Cyndi may have lol so he says oh well my wife doesn't carry fakes LOL!
Then I saw her later after he told me this (and he did bring her back a fake wallet) and she commented on my Blvgari sunglasses ohhing and ahhing them and asked how much they were and me not ever divulging the *bargain* I get on items told her they run anywhere from 600 to a grand. Ohhh she says I would never spend that much on a pair of sunglasses!! And I asked to see hers and they are RC fakes lol! I was having a cow trying to be "good" about this !!! People are so funny sometimes!!

seahorseinstripes said:
i give them an explanation and comparison.
i can choose to buy 10 clothes that costs 100$ each, or having them saved for a designer bag & shop nice and unique clothes in thrift store for 5$each and as beautiful as that so-so dress.
and i honeslty rather spend on bags than clothes or some things as watch (i hardly wear watches)

I totally agree with you!! I spend money on bags and shoes but I save on cloths. You can't never know if a cloth will be on fashion tomorrow or not (with exceptions, obviously) but a Vuitton bag or other things will be always fine! Also a cloth could be damaged very easily (just think about printer's ink in the office or food or who knows...) while it's harder to damage a bag, esp. a Vuitton bag :yes:

Unfortunately my parents don't understand why I spend so much money on bags and they say I'm silly to act like that, but it's the money I've saved so it's my decision!! But it's such boring when someone looks at you and do it badly as you spend a lot on a bag...