April 2020 Purchases

All the best with deciding! I don't think these bags will be snapped up that quickly at this point because times are either tough or uncertain for a lot of people.

By the way, is the bag you're after made of lambskin? I enjoy my lambskin Chanels (have a mini and WOC) as they have such a luxurious feel, but I would probably avoid the drawstring style for lambskin as it might require rougher handling which in turn risks scratching. Again, that's just my two cents! :smile:

It's aged calfskin, but that's good to know about lambskin. Thank you! :flowers:

Won't they get rid of the Summer Act 2 stuff when Pre-Fall comes out next month? I thought Chanel was known to burn excess stock that didn't sell that season? Sorry if this sounds naive. I'm new to Chanel.

I think there is the possibility of searching for a bag that from one or a couple prior seasons... don't think they get rid of excess stock that quickly but I'm definitely not a Chanel expert!
It's aged calfskin, but that's good to know about lambskin. Thank you! :flowers:

Won't they get rid of the Summer Act 2 stuff when Pre-Fall comes out next month? I thought Chanel was known to burn excess stock that didn't sell that season? Sorry if this sounds naive. I'm new to Chanel.

Reactions: JenJBS
I just requested to cancel this order, since it hasn't shipped yet. Is it stupid that I want my first Chanel bag to be new? With one exception my first (and for most only) bag from a designer was bought new. I kind of regret the one that wasn't. I felt that regret as soon as I bought this bag. I don't want that regret with a Chanel bag. Am I being stupid?
Sorry for butting in but I just want to assure you that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting a brand-new, from the store bag at anytime. I hope you eventually get it.

You can definitely find bags from older seasons, they are often taken off the display shelves and put in cabinets, just ask an SA.

I just requested to cancel this order, since it hasn't shipped yet. Is it stupid that I want my first Chanel bag to be new? With one exception my first (and for most only) bag from a designer was bought new. I kind of regret the one that wasn't. I felt that regret as soon as I bought this bag. I don't want that regret with a Chanel bag. Am I being stupid?

Just adding in my two cents (lol) — the black drawstring bag is so much more “you” than the Rebag one. Trust your gut on this one. I know you get so much joy and enjoyment out of your beautiful bags and HGs so don’t settle for anything but the exact one you want — be it now with a discount (check with an online Webster SA) or later at the CC store when they reopen. Best of luck Jen :smile:.

Just adding in my two cents (lol) — the black drawstring bag is so much more “you” than the Rebag one. Trust your gut on this one. I know you get so much joy and enjoyment out of your beautiful bags and HGs so don’t settle for anything but the exact one you want — be it now with a discount (check with an online Webster SA) or later at the CC store when they reopen. Best of luck Jen :smile:.

Thank you, Minda! :hugs:You're so right about the drawstring bag being so much more 'me'. :hugs:

Reactions: Iamminda
Update: Got the beautiful chain around bucket bag 'on reserve' at Saks whenever Chanel ships again. The SA said hopefully mid-May. This is for a SS Act 2 bag.

Despite a couple requests, that were never responded to all all, Rebag did not cancel my order of the 2006 bowling bag. :tdown: Should arrive Thursday. Will probably immediately return it. So they wasted shipping... :facepalm:

Reactions: Egel