April 2020 Purchases

This lovely from Rebag will soon be on its way to me. :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: It will be my first Chanel bag.

I just requested to cancel this order, since it hasn't shipped yet. Is it stupid that I want my first Chanel bag to be new? With one exception my first (and for most only) bag from a designer was bought new. I kind of regret the one that wasn't. I felt that regret as soon as I bought this bag. I don't want that regret with a Chanel bag. Am I being stupid?

I just requested to cancel this order, since it hasn't shipped yet. Is it stupid that I want my first Chanel bag to be new? With one exception my first (and for most only) bag from a designer was bought new. I kind of regret the one that wasn't. I felt that regret as soon as I bought this bag. I don't want that regret with a Chanel bag. Am I being stupid?
This is absolutely not stupid. That is also why I still don't own a Chanel, my ultimate dream bag. Mentally I just can't fork over so much money for a bag (that is a couple of months work) but I don't want to buy second hand. Not even when it's in pristine condition. Somebody else didn't care for it and that, to me, feels sort of tainted. The price difference is not something that makes that feeling go away.

This is absolutely not stupid. That is also why I still don't own a Chanel, my ultimate dream bag. Mentally I just can't fork over so much money for a bag (that is a couple of months work) but I don't want to buy second hand. Not even when it's in pristine condition. Somebody else didn't care for it and that, to me, feels sort of tainted. The price difference is not something that makes that feeling go away.

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and that someone understands. :hugs:I do have a few pre-loved bags, but they are styles not available any more so no way to get them new, and not my first bag from that designer - with the exception I kind of regret (but it's also a style no longer available new).

Thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and that someone understands. :hugs:I do have a few pre-loved bags, but they are styles not available any more so no way to get them new, and not my first bag from that designer - with the exception I kind of regret (but it's also a style no longer available new).
Those are great reasons too. To each her own, offcourse. Maybe it's because I sell my bags and I can always so vividly remember that moment that I am falling out of love with it. I just don't want that with my dream bag. There are people who wonder who owned the bag before them, what lives they haved lived before. Sometimes you just want a bag without the story, to create your own.

There is nothing wrong with pre-loved but there is also nothing wrong with new. Go with your gut feeling. Imo I still think the price difference is worth it. Even now, when the difference is getting bigger by the minute. The only thing I have to do now is pull the trigger myself. Before another pricehike comes along.

Those are great reasons too. To each her own, offcourse. Maybe it's because I sell my bags and I can always so vividly remember that moment that I am falling out of love with it. I just don't want that with my dream bag. There are people who wonder who owned the bag before them, what lives they haved lived before. Sometimes you just want a bag without the story, to create your own.

There is nothing wrong with pre-loved but there is also nothing wrong with new. Go with your gut feeling. Imo I still think the price difference is worth it. Even now, when the difference is getting bigger by the minute. The only thing I have to do now is pull the trigger myself. Before another pricehike comes along.

Yeah. We each have to do what's right for us. I totally get wanting to create your own story with a new bag. Good luck deciding when to pull the trigger on your first Chanel. Can I ask what bag you have in mind for the honor?

My problem is the Chanel bag I truly want is seasonal (not a flap/boy), so it will be gone soon. I'll have to max out a credit card to get it, and don't want to do that.

Yeah. We each have to do what's right for us. I totally get wanting to create your own story with a new bag. Good luck deciding when to pull the trigger on your first Chanel. Can I ask what bag you have in mind for the honor?

My problem is the Chanel bag I truly want is seasonal (not a flap/boy), so it will be gone soon. I'll have to max out a credit card to get it, and don't want to do that.
I want the classic black flap bag in M/L and I do wish I've bought it years ago. I have the money saved up for years but it's just the idea of so much money and trading it of for this one thing. And what if my dream bag will not be my dream bag but turns into just a bag, will that be worth it? I just don't know. If it was the brand I can still settle for a square mini but that is not my dream bag.

Which bag do you want? And how badly do you want it? Maxing out a cc is not a thing I would do. Don't ever go in debt for stuff. But what are the odds you'll find this bag pre-loved? And will that be worth it? What is you'll never find it, will there be another one or shall this hunt you at night? Buyers regret or skippers remorse?

Reactions: JenJBS
I want the classic black flap bag in M/L and I do wish I've bought it years ago. I have the money saved up for years but it's just the idea of so much money and trading it of for this one thing. And what if my dream bag will not be my dream bag but turns into just a bag, will that be worth it? I just don't know. If it was the brand I can still settle for a square mini but that is not my dream bag.

Which bag do you want? And how badly do you want it? Maxing out a cc is not a thing I would do. Don't ever go in debt for stuff. But what are the odds you'll find this bag pre-loved? And will that be worth it? What is you'll never find it, will there be another one or shall this hunt you at night? Buyers regret or skippers remorse?

That is a wonderful bag. I hope you love it once you get it. With the price increases it makes sense to wish you'd gotten it before the price went up. If you end up feeling it's just a bag, Chanel bags generally hold their value well to sell it.

Here's the bag... Those are great questions, that I'm trying to figure out the answers to. Hopefully this will be my April purchase.

Attachments

• drawstring-bag-1.jpg
    drawstring-bag-1.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 1,064
  • drawstring-bag-2.jpg
    drawstring-bag-2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,060
That is a wonderful bag. I hope you love it once you get it. With the price increases it makes sense to wish you'd gotten it before the price went up. If you end up feeling it's just a bag, Chanel bags generally hold their value well to sell it.

Here's the bag... Those are great questions, that I'm trying to figure out the answers to. Hopefully this will be my April purchase.
That bag is amazing too. How often does something like this comes along? Why do you want this one and not one that looks like it? Why don't you want to max out your cc? And if you do, how long will it take you to get out of debt? Will this be worth it? Is it just a bag or hopes, dreams and a month of noodles for dinner?

You don't sound like the very hungry caterpillar. If this is your dream bag and there won't be anything like this coming along soon, and you know yourself well enough that you can pay off tge cc without falling for another bag, it might be worth it. Ofcourse it's not a need but sometimes a want can feel like a need. It's literally how much are you willing to pay for this bag.

That bag is amazing too. How often does something like this comes along? Why do you want this one and not one that looks like it? Why don't you want to max out your cc? And if you do, how long will it take you to get out of debt? Will this be worth it? Is it just a bag or hopes, dreams and a month of noodles for dinner?

You don't sound like the very hungry caterpillar. If this is your dream bag and there won't be anything like this coming along soon, and you know yourself well enough that you can pay off tge cc without falling for another bag, it might be worth it. Ofcourse it's not a need but sometimes a want can feel like a need. It's literally how much are you willing to pay for this bag.

I prefer silver hardware. I love drawstring bucket bags with amazing hardware. The 'chain around' style looks amazing, and should help the bag hold its shape. The size is perfect.

My cc is my 'rainy day fund', so I don't want to max it out in case of some unexpected expense (car repair, medical, etc). And with the current economy, it doesn't seem the time to be without a rainy day fund. I've fallen for too many bags, which is why this one would max it out.

With Covid, I'm not sure many have sold, so not likely to easily find on resale sites.

Thanks for all the good advice.

Reactions: Egel
With all respect, I wouldn't recommend maxing out your credit card to buy this bag now. As you point out, it is not a good time to be without a rainy day fund these days. I would only consider buying a luxury item if it didn't take up more than a small percentage of my total liquid savings.

Just my two cents and hope you don't mind my chiming in. :flowers:

I prefer silver hardware. I love drawstring bucket bags with amazing hardware. The 'chain around' style looks amazing, and should help the bag hold its shape. The size is perfect.

My cc is my 'rainy day fund', so I don't want to max it out in case of some unexpected expense (car repair, medical, etc). And with the current economy, it doesn't seem the time to be without a rainy day fund. I've fallen for too many bags, which is why this one would max it out.

With Covid, I'm not sure many have sold, so not likely to easily find on resale sites.

Thanks for all the good advice.

Reactions: Kayce and JenJBS
With all respect, I wouldn't recommend maxing out your credit card to buy this bag now. As you point out, it is not a good time to be without a rainy day fund these days. I would only consider buying a luxury item if it didn't take up more than a small percentage of my total liquid savings.

Just my two cents and hope you don't mind my chiming in. :flowers:

I appreciate your chiming in. Thank you! :flowers: My brain totally agrees with you.:smartass: My heart... :crybaby:

I don't know why the thread disappeared, but there was one about The Webster doing a 25% off sale. I've decided if I can still get that 25% discount, I'll do it (then my card isn't maxed out); but will not pay full price.

All the best with deciding! I don't think these bags will be snapped up that quickly at this point because times are either tough or uncertain for a lot of people.

By the way, is the bag you're after made of lambskin? I enjoy my lambskin Chanels (have a mini and WOC) as they have such a luxurious feel, but I would probably avoid the drawstring style for lambskin as it might require rougher handling which in turn risks scratching. Again, that's just my two cents! :smile:

I appreciate your chiming in. Thank you! :flowers: My brain totally agrees with you.:smartass: My heart... :crybaby:

I don't know why the thread disappeared, but there was one about The Webster doing a 25% off sale. I've decided if I can still get that 25% discount, I'll do it (then my card isn't maxed out); but will not pay full price.

Finally tracked down the zippy coin purse to match my 19! Eddy from Eddyluxurygoods IG (Saks SA) found it in under an hour after I had spent several weeks of inquiring via all of my regular SAs and several other IG personal shoppers, who said it was out of stock everywhere and nowhere to be found. I have it in my hands less than 48 hours after contacting him!
Lovely Congrats, and thank you VERY for sharing his info, it’s a bright spot to see new stock during a miserable time!!

Reactions: ItsPurseonal