Anyone who has a vernis bedford and doesn't like it. Reason why?

wintermute said:
talula, I only like marshmallow colour and I'm very lucky that I'm being offered one marshmallow bedford! So, I'm thinking to get it since I love the colour so much plus I like the bedford shape despite how tight the opening of the bag is and how bulky it is.

Thank you for everyone's inputs & comments! :smile:

Yeah, marshmallow is sooo pretty. I've only seen one person carry it at Best Buy since it's been released and if you like the color that much, u should really get it. It might be a lot harder to find later on! I think if you're careful to not place it around other colors, then it would be ok. I bump my bag into the wall all the time, leaving white marks but that comes off when I qtip it with rubbing alcohol.

pinkbunny said:
i was wanting the bedford! now i'm not so sure.. the zipper.. what's it look like? does anyone have a picture of the top of the bag??

also, is it because the bedford is not quite flexible so the opening is small??

I'll post a picture of mine in a minute..I just have to take it first :smile:

Ohhh....so many downsides to it....I'm so confused now :shrugs:
It is such a pretty bag, though. Also, because the marshmallow colour is already being discontinued and hard to find, I don't want to pass it. :sad:

LVbabydoll, your peppermint bedford is so pretty!!! I've never seen one IRL so far.

anotheremptysky said:
Yeah, that was my problem. :Push: I had a lavender one and sold it because of that reason. It is beautiful though ... :angel:

Aww no, you sold it...it's soooo gorgeous!! I was completely drooling over the color until now..I have it it front of me to admire :girlsigh: . How long ago did you sell it, I didn't buy it from you did i...wouldn't that be funny.

I'm gonna hold on to mine b/c I'll regret it if I sell. This is what i do to get into my bag: instead of pulling it apart to get in (that doesn't allow a lot of space) I squish one side down and tilt the bag to the other side so that my wallet or whatever rolls up. This has helped me to not scratch my hand as much. Gawd, the things I do for pretty bags!!:yes:

Here you go...you can see how much it DOESN'T open from the second picture lol.
pinkbunny: You're welcome!
wintermute: Thanks!
:flowers:

Attachments

• 100_5320.jpg
    100_5320.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_5321.jpg
    100_5321.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 67
Wow Talula, that's a good technique you got there. But aren't you afraid that by doing that too often it would make the shape of the bedford not fully rounded anymore? Would it make the bedford looks squishy like a regular mono papillon?

wintermute said:
Wow Talula, that's a good technique you got there. But aren't afraid that by doing that too often it would make the shape of the bedford not fully rounded anymore? Would it make the bedford looks squishy like a regular mono papillon?

Mine is pretty flexible...not sure if it's because it's used and maybe newer ones might be stiffer but nope, it pops right back up and it doesn't crease or anything. It still keeps its shape, not squishy or dented at all. Nothing to worry about thus far :lol:

talula said:
Lvbabydoll,
your peppermint is beautiful!!! What year was it released? I've never seen this color IRL. Lucky you :smile:

It was released the same time the Marshmallow was. So around April or May of 2004 I think? My mom and I also have both PTI wallets (the organizer style and the regular PTI.)
I carried it to the opening of the Fashion Valley store and they hadn't even gotten any in yet and everyone kept complimenting me on it.
To this day, I have yet to see anyone use ANY bag in this color.

Lvbabydoll said:
It was released the same time the Marshmallow was. So around April or May of 2004 I think? My mom and I also have both PTI wallets (the organizer style and the regular PTI.)
I carried it to the opening of the Fashion Valley store and they hadn't even gotten any in yet and everyone kept complimenting me on it.
To this day, I have yet to see anyone use ANY bag in this color.

Wow, I had no idea it was released the same time as the Marshmallow. I only saw the indigo, perle, noisette and some left over marshmallow at the store. Sooo pretty, you should take it around more often and show it a good time lol :roflmfao:

Time for me to hunt around on ebay for something in peppermint :tender:
Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Lol no problem. Ebay only has 2 wallets right now. I tend to use my wallet more than the bag haha.
I love the color and would definitely carry it more if I weren't a human wrecking ball with the thing.

I personally love the Bedford and don't see any drawbacks to it. It is gorgeous and unique. Depending on the color you can have an awesome piece of eye candy on the crook of your arm. I had one in bronze and traded it off because I have a Forsyth GM and didn't think I needed two bronze bags... I wish I hadn't gotten rid of that bag now. I have a red Bedford and a fuchsia one on the way in the future. Go for the Bedford if you like the bag. Oh yeah, my hubby said that the bag looks like a football. He's entitled to his opinion. Heeheeheehee.