Anyone use a featherbed? Do you like it?

I have one for my twin bed at school! It makes it so much more cozy. Also, to avoid the feather problems, my mom found some sort of zip cover that keeps the feathers in. It's like a pillowcase with a zipper, but a biggggg one.

Oh yes, I swear by mine! I had never experienced one until pretty recently...a tangent here but when BF and I went to Portland OR to meet my new nephew over memorial day weekend we stayed in a wonderful hotel where featherbeds were standard. Right away I knew I needed to get one of these for home!

I found an upper midgrade one at Macy's and the SA gave me some good tips: first, put your mattress pad over it but just tuck it over the pad only rather than over the full depth of the mattress as well (prevents excess flattening). Then, put your regular fitted sheet over it and tuck it all the way under your regular mattress. Most fitted sheets are deep enough now to accomodate this. She also suggested vacuuming the featherbed itself with a regular vacuum cleaner to keep the feather escape in check. Honestly, I don't see it a huge problem b/c I use the mattress pad cover.

I rotate the featherbed (flip over and header to footer) each time I change my sheets.

Love it to death - enjoy!!

i have used one for years and i adore it. can't sleep as well in beds without one. no feather problems and i never turn it. lol.

just make sure you get a good one. i got one for my parents from qvc i think and it stinks. i didn't get to test it out- just read the reviews. it makes me so sad because they're too nice to tell me they hate it or to return it. and i feel terrible that i tried to get them something all fluffy and cozy (they love mine) and it backfired.

^Yeah, I know about the "smell" factor. I've never had a feather bed, but an old friend had a feather comforter...she offered me to use it when I spent the night, but I was too polite to tell her it smelled bad (even with the duvet cover). :shame:

I wonder if there's a duvet cover for feather mattresses...? :shrugs: That might keep the feathers from flying all over the place.

another thing to look for to keep the feathers from escaping is to get a high-quality featherbed with a high thread count. the higher thread count makes it harder for the feathers to escape.