Anyone selling anything on Ebay or Bonanzle or are sales really slow

I agree with everyone on the slow sales. I have four bags up for sale that would have sold easily not too long ago and I have no bids on any of them. I was beginning to wonder was it just me. Glad to see others in the same shape. Hopefully things will turn around.

Thanks everyone. I think I'll just take it easy for the next couple of weeks, and start listing like crazy when (or if) things pick up again. In the meantime I'll take lots of pictures and write lots of creative copy!

I have 4 things for sale right now. Several watchers and no bids... one is ending very soon! I wish I could contact these watchers and ask them what the hold up is! In any case- since its slow sales for everyone, I think I just might let these auctions end, and hold off posting anything until next month.

I think people are either looking for extremely hard to find, collectible high end items at fair prices or are looking for bottom of the barrel bargains. Some potential buyers have even tried to negociate shipping fees. If you currently do not ship world wide I would consider doing so...many of my better sales have recently come from Europe and I require they pay with paypal instantly. It is a hassle to ship but I just gather Global Priority boxes/envelopes at the post office and have customs forms on hand which I fill out before I get to the post office...seems to be increasing my sales right now, especially for pre-owned Prada and Tod's items.

this has been one of my best months. my goals are always to make ps and to have at least the same number of sales as there are in the month. this month i get to keep my silver status and have almost made the month. that being said yes, a lot of things are going for less than i would like- i finally sold a pair of earrings for a client at HALF what we'd been trying to sell them for- 3k earrings sold for 400 bucks. omg. and right now i have 24 auctions with only 2 things selling and 3 bids. i'm hoping for more but we'll see. ebay is so hit for miss. last year i had a huge drop off in feb that lasted til about may. i hope this isn't the case. i'm trying to sell off all my inventory to pay off my cc and then decide if i want to start over or not....

the more you list, the more you sell everyone. at least that works for me...

this has been one of my best months. my goals are always to make ps and to have at least the same number of sales as there are in the month. this month i get to keep my silver status and have almost made the month. that being said yes, a lot of things are going for less than i would like- i finally sold a pair of earrings for a client at HALF what we'd been trying to sell them for- 3k earrings sold for 400 bucks. omg. and right now i have 24 auctions with only 2 things selling and 3 bids. i'm hoping for more but we'll see. ebay is so hit for miss. last year i had a huge drop off in feb that lasted til about may. i hope this isn't the case. i'm trying to sell off all my inventory to pay off my cc and then decide if i want to start over or not....

the more you list, the more you sell everyone. at least that works for me...
Funny I had a better first half of last year. My God you sold 3K earrings for 400bucks I wish I'd seen them. I probably agree that the more you list the more you sell but the fees are so high to keep relisting an item that doesn't sell over & over again. I just keep them in my shop where fees are much lower & they and the listings are renewed every 30 days.

oh totally. but i find the more i have in my store the better i do, people get sick of seeing the same old thing.

i am so sad about those earrings and they weren't even mine. we tried for like 800 for a long time and nothing. they were so cool too. even lucky shops had them at retail....

oh totally. but i find the more i have in my store the better i do, people get sick of seeing the same old thing.

i am so sad about those earrings and they weren't even mine. we tried for like 800 for a long time and nothing. they were so cool too. even lucky shops had them at retail....

Yes I agree when you bring in news items it renews interest then maybe some of the old will sell

Yes shame about the earrings I tend to hold on to items rather than lose a heap of money everything sells in the end

I'd say of my last round of listings, about 3/4 sold......but with one, two or three bids. Problem is NO ONE IS PAYING! That sux!
Yes everyone I speak with on ebay is having loads of non paying bidders at the minute. There seems to b more newbies buying then usual. We were all new once & you like to give them a chance but a lot don't care as they have no feedback to protect

i usually list 3 or 5 items a week. for every three bidders, one is not paying, or is taking their sweet arse time paying... i hate that! then they want to know why they have not yet recieved their item when the auction ended 2 weeks ago...WELL, pay for you d@mn bids and you'll have your stuff in 2 or 3 days through usps priority!!

whens does it ussuallly pick back up? is it formulaic?

I think ebay is beginning to go down hill. LV purses that I was orignally looking for back a year or 2 ago is now like 1/2 the price from the same mypoupette sellers of similar conditions.

I do agree that you constantly need new items to get the buyers looking. I myself is a seller and have invested a lot of money of my merchandise in stock. My best year was 2002/03 and business has significantly gone down for me since even Xmas.

As a buyer, I can't complain, I have manage to find some good deals on authentic mint conditions LV.

I think ebay is beginning to go down hill. LV purses that I was orignally looking for back a year or 2 ago is now like 1/2 the price from the same mypoupette sellers of similar conditions.

I do agree that you constantly need new items to get the buyers looking. I myself is a seller and have invested a lot of money of my merchandise in stock. My best year was 2002/03 and business has significantly gone down for me since even Xmas.

As a buyer, I can't complain, I have manage to find some good deals on authentic mint conditions LV.
I agree I think ebay has been going steadily downhill since summer 06. I notice a huge change in sales/prices! part of it is the lack of a real "it" bag but the rest is ebay being too greedy to get rid of all the fakes in a timely fashion. Now they are trying & messing with all the authentic sellers in the process! Sad but I suppose everything has its day!

i usually list 3 or 5 items a week. for every three bidders, one is not paying, or is taking their sweet arse time paying... i hate that! then they want to know why they have not yet recieved their item when the auction ended 2 weeks ago...WELL, pay for you d@mn bids and you'll have your stuff in 2 or 3 days through usps priority!!

whens does it ussuallly pick back up? is it formulaic?
I don't think there are any hard & fast rules on ebay, people say the winter sales affect things but January '06 was a great month for me this january was woeful!