Anyone saw Six feet under series???

We got the first season at BlockBuster on a whim, and were instantly hooked, went back that same day to seize every disc that was not checked out, carefully making sure to get everything in sequence, and watched the rest in obsessive delight!

Their Final Episode was the best in the history of television, in my opinion, and it haunts me still. Not a day goes by that something does not trigger the memory of some scene from it.

I loved SFU - my dh and I watched it religiously when it was first on. I still catch episodes now and then when they run it on Bravo and I actually just caught the series finale twice in the past 2 weeks. I was actually just commenting to dh about how well written and acted this show is b/c even though I've seen the finale several times now, I still end up bawling as soon as Claire drives away from the house at the end (I also get a chuckle at Brenda's death scene - poor thing, talked to death by Billy who is still obsessing about Claire 40 years later!). I rarely have a reaction to TV shows the way I did with that show and it just speaks to how much they made you feel for the characters.

Hands down, my favorite HBO series EVER (and I watch most of them)!

Glad to hear that there are so many of you that feel the finale was the awesome. It actually left nothing hanging, and even though I wasn't ready to let the series go I didn't feel cheated by the ending. So many of the great HBO series that have been cancelled and ended so abruptly in the past few years have really left me "wanting"...namely "Carnivale", Deadwood" and "Rome".

Was really glad to see that Claire ended up with someone stable...

Outstanding show. I don't usually cry from anything on TV. But this show, my god - that final episode just ripped me apart. I was bawling like a baby, fell asleep, and woke up still devastated. It's like I was in mourning, which I guess I was - I loved the Fishers and really miss that show!

I am a big fan of the show! I think the cast is amazing and the acting is brilliant! Haven't been able to catch the last season so haven't seen the finale yet (but I am going to rent the DVDs and finally do it when I have time).

SFU is my all time fav show! watched it from day 1, hubby got into it season 2. One time we had a huge storm and the power when out 10 mins before it was to start and we were:cursing: Hubby ran out to his work truck grabed his gas powered generator powered it up outside the backdoor ran a cord to the tv and we didn't miss a moment! I had a mental breakdown watching the last one. I watched it with my brother as hubby was at work. I cried all over that poor guy, wiping my nose on his shirt the whole nine yards, he was like pull yourself together it's only TV. When hubby came home an hour later I watched it again with him. I think I cryed for days.

Such a phenomenal show. DH and I finished watching the DVDs this past week or so. I never teared up so many times watching one series. The characters were so well developed and faceted. The last episode was certainly one of the best ever written, directed, produced, and filmed.

In the end I am absolutely in LOVE with Ted. Such a great guy. I am so glad him and Claire finally ended up together. The scene where Claire is photographing him in bed is fantastic.

I can't wait to go out and purchase the boxed set. I can see myself watching them all over again - it was that good. Alan Ball's commentary is great and added a lot of insight into the process and underlining meaning.