Anyone saw Six feet under series???

ooh... I LOVE IT!!! it's my fave series after carnivale and of course, twin peaks...
i watched all seasons. the sesaon 5 finale is so sad though, but i guess all of them are sad somehow. i've watched the season 4 in2 days with my bf, and end up depressed, after that, i watched THE OC to bring back my mood :roflmfao:

I loved that show! This may sound morbid, but watching it made me not fear death as much.

The finale was really sad, but really well done. The song at the end was very haunting but beautiful.

(And I love how Claire made peace with people before she left. Especially Russell. . . . . Ben Harper is hot, by the way.)

My favorite episode is Terror Starts At Home. The juxtaposition of Claire being drugged up and the quiet family dinner is funny.

And I love how Ruth seems to float by, but she will make people listen to her when something is very important.

Here are some of my favorite quotes:

Ruth: Claire, I have to ask you something, and I want you to tell me the truth. Did you set that fire?
Claire: No, Mom. I would never do anything like that.
[Ruth looks at Claire with relief]
Claire: I may have swiped that foot, though.

Claire: I know stealing a foot is weird. But, hello, living in a house where a foot is available to be stolen is weird.

Ruth: David, are you bringing a special friend to dinner?
David: Why are my friends always special?
Ruth: Okay, then, is the man your having sex with coming to dinner?

David: [recording an answering machine message] Hi, it's David and Keith, but we can't come to the phone right now because we're too *gay*.

Ruth: Claire... wake up! We're leaving, pack up!
Claire: Oh, my God, Mom, I feel like Anne Frank!
Ruth: If you don't hurry, we'll have to go spinning!
Claire: Oh, my God!

Claire: How did you know Russell was gay?
David: Oh, we can smell it on each other.

LOL caitlin1214 , thanks for posting ur fave quotes :P
i love this series so much, my fave character is billy :girlsigh: i love how he changed from the person he is in season 1 to season 2.
and honestly, my least fave character is nate

It's definitely one of my favourite shows ! It's too bad that it's over now.. I think Claire is my favourite, she's just so weird and complex.

Best show EVER.
Saw every episode religiously as they came on TV....SO sad it ended, but it ended SO well.

I bought the entire set of DVD's so that I can relive it all in a few years ;)

Thank for all your answer guys!! :yahoo:
I thought that I was the only crazy here about SFU!!!
My favourite has to be David and Brenda's mum. And how quiet is Maya?? I wish my daugter was that calm !!
Series 3 was a real masterpiece :crybaby: SOOOOOOOOO sad (I never cried that much in front of the tv). And Brenda change so much from series 1 to 6.
What can I say? I really love every episode and I miss them so much!!

While my favorite episode was Terror Starts At Home, my least favorite was That's My Dog. Not because it wasn't well acted, because it was, but practically the entire episode was about David's carjacking. David was humiliated and tormented and tortured by that carjacker. As unfortunate as that was, I believe it made David a stronger person. He went from completely avoiding what happened to him, to discussing it, to facing the carjacker in jail. The whole ordeal also helped him realize how much he really needs Keith.

I like Claire. Throughout the series she's grown from being an antisocial rebel to someone who is close to her family. She understands them and they understand her. I like how she manages to find closure with the people in her life, from Gabe to Russell. She needed to do that to move on.

I also like Ruth. While she seems to float through the day, things are important to her, and when they are, she's not shy to let people know that.

I was watching the series finale again (it's on Youtube) and I was still tearing up at parts. The song is so haunting and moving and beautiful.

I was doing some math regarding their births and deaths, and they all lived full, happy lives. I think Six Feet Under doesn't measure how full and happy someone's life is by how many years they live. Nate died too young, but he was a father and a husband . . . twice. Keith died before all the others but he, too, was a father and a husband. Could you say, then, that they didn't have full, happy lives?

Ruth O'Conner Fisher 1946 - 2025 (79)
Keith Dwayne Charles 1968 - 2029 (61)
David James Fisher 1969 - 2044 (75)
Hector Fredrico (Rico) Diaz 1974 - 2049 (75)
Brenda Chenowith 1969 - 2051 (82)
Claire Simone Fisher 1983 - 2085 (102)

Even during the end scenes, there's a strong family connection. Whenever it was "time to go" as it were, they'd see other deceased Fisher family members.

(But poor George, though! I lost it when his face crumpled up when Ruth died!)

seahorseinstripes said:
yeah, i miss them so much too. i feel it didn't ends too well :P
i hated nate so much each and every episode though :P poor brenda :crybaby:
brenda's mum reminded me so much of sharon stone :roflmfao:

You're right. My husband really liked Nate and he was in shock when he died. To be honest I was relief as he was very shelfish for the whole series.
I found Ruth an very unhappy person (but she made me laugh). She was a devoted wife and mother and she didn't know how to enjoy her life. I the last series Ruth realise that and she started to think more in herself. This is why she left George.
And Brenda's mum was just hilarious :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

That was the absolute best television show that ever aired!

I loved all the characters in different ways. Especially Nate JR. He was such a cool person. I wish there were more guys like him. Well... minus the womanizer ways. He was so sensetive and HOT!