Anyone own just 1 Hermes bag that is not a Kelly or Birkin?

Shoebaglover, yes, I did go to the Ala Moana store. It was a little bit intimidating however there were groups of people in there so I did not feel so alone.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments. It is a big step for me but I believe I have decided for sure on clemence leather for the Evelyn just because it molds better. It is so nice to know the names of colors it was made in so when I go, I can ask specifically about what colors I'm interested in. I'm not getting it until the end of this month or next month but it's nice to be able to look forward to.

Welcome! I had an Evelyne PM by itself for about a year before I got my Picotin PM. I'd recommend both. They are great bags!!! :tup: No desire for a Kelly or Birkin. I'm totally satisfied! :flowers:

crochetbella, I would love to have both but must start with just one. If you don't mind me asking, what made you get rid of your Evelyn? I must say that when I saw both bags, I thought I could live with either, hehe.

Hello and welcome! Currently I only have a canvas Deauville bag but I´m getting a vintage Kelly in a couple of months. For your life I think the Evelyn sounds the best since you have kids and there are times when you need your hands free.

I have two clemence evelynes--both PM2s. One is blue brighton and the other is raisin.

I love the feel and style of the evelyne. In terms of color, I love the blue for something more casual, and more summery. The raisin is my fall/winter bag. Raisin is a beautiful neutral!!

I have an Evelyne II GM in black with palladium hardware and I LOVE it. It's a super everyday bag, keeps your hands free it has an exterior pocket on the back (which I didn't think I would use but use every day for my keys and phone), it fits everything I could ever want to carry, and a medium size Chamelon (purse organizer) fits perfectly into it. It's a great size for me, as I am only 5'1" but not a tiny little thing.
Leather: I personally dislike Epsom for my purposes, I find it doesn't wear as well as many other H leathers, and I don't like the stiffer look in an Evelyne. This bag is the first bag I have ever owned in Clemence, but it won't be the last! It's YUMMY. Very soft and it feels incredibly luxurious. In fact, my next H bag might very well be a Clemence Evelyne again!!

I also get a lot of compliments on it, even though I consider it to be somewhat of an under the radar bag--at least more so than a Birkin or Kelly.

Bagshoelover, how funny we saw each other. Did you purchase, lol?

Crochetbella, if I ever get a 2nd Hermes, it will be the Picotin. Love that bag too.

Nola, congrats on finding a vintage kelly. I bet you're so excited to get it.

Ck21, thanks for the info. I'm glad to know that raisin does indeed come in the clemence leather.

Cobalt blue, when I am ready to buy hopefully the SA will be kind enough to do a search for the raisin or cocoa clemence.

^^^ No, I did not get anything but it was very hard to resist.
I had just gotten a Lindy last month and am waiting for my SO's to come but if the Kelly Danse comes along, resistance might be futile.:P

dbaghag shows great pics with hers in the Hermes in Action thread - check it out! I would def. choose a shoulder bag/sling having little ones...and I also think the smaller canvas with the shoulder strap is a great idea as well! Of course no post would be complete without me also suggesting a bolide...they are my fav bag!! They come with a long shoulder strap and have the 2 handles, plus a zip top, etc. Of course more costly (e-bay usually has great deals as these generally go for less than slightly used kellys or a birkin)...just had to add that in lol!! Good luck! Also...raisin is the best color!

Bagshoelover, how funny we saw each other. Did you purchase, lol?

Crochetbella, if I ever get a 2nd Hermes, it will be the Picotin. Love that bag too.

Nola, congrats on finding a vintage kelly. I bet you're so excited to get it.

Ck21, thanks for the info. I'm glad to know that raisin does indeed come in the clemence leather.

Cobalt blue, when I am ready to buy hopefully the SA will be kind enough to do a search for the raisin or cocoa clemence.

Kuulei, be sure you check at Waikiki as well. The SAs at both stores are very accomodating and kind.

Me! I only have the All Leather Garden Tote (small). I need to do a ton of research for my next Hermes bag....I am so ignorant when it comes to the different leather types, etc.