Anyone heard about HAC ceasing production?

The 40 HAC was definitely available at podium this past July. The handbag based on this design came after the Birkin, didn't it?

The 45 HAC was discontinued, but the 50 HAC is still in production.

The 40 HAC was definitely available at podium this past July. The handbag based on this design came after the Birkin, didn't it?

The 45 HAC was discontinued, but the 50 HAC is still in production.

I must admit I am not sure and can't now find the source where I thought I recalled reading this, but I thought Hermes modified the HAC into a handbag by making smaller sizes than the original saddlery design (as a former equestrian myself, frankly I can't imagine that even a 40cm HAC is viable for this purpose - I would think one needs 45cm or larger), and then further modified it into what is now the Birkin?

I must admit I am not sure and can't now find the source where I thought I recalled reading this, but I thought Hermes modified the HAC into a handbag by making smaller sizes than the original saddlery design (as a former equestrian myself, frankly I can't imagine that even a 40cm HAC is viable for this purpose - I would think one needs 45cm or larger), and then further modified it into what is now the Birkin?

I think you are correct. The HAC morphed into the slightly more casual Birkin.

LS, I rem it's only for S/S09 that they would be temporarily stopping production but it would come back. Especially so that it's the original Birkin.:yes:

But, that shouldn't stop you from your decision if you have fallen in love with what you are eyeing now rt my dear?:graucho: