Scarves anyone frame their silk scarves? if so how do you do it?

I am considering the scarf hanging system as well.
There is a great thread on it here:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/ode-to-my-fixation.425619/

Pros: Easy to change scarves, they still can be worn, you can do seasonal themes, good way to take photographs of them
Cons: The scarves seem to sag after some time (look at some of the pictures or the display scarves at the H stores), the magnets leave imprints when you leave the same scarf on the wall for long time, prone to fading, cat scratches...

If you want to check the look on your wall you can try a printout and use push pins (depending on the wall).

Please keep us updated...

Reactions: BBC
Hi ladies and gents! I bought my first H scarf yesterday. I saw the seasonal jaguar silk scarf and I would love to get one to display it in my room. I did some research and found out that people either frame it or use the magnet display system. I understand that sunlight can eventually lightens the color. I’m wondering if I should find a framer to frame it or just do the display system. Another question is that I understand the 140 shawls are cashmere silk mixed. Can they be used with the display system? They are more stretchy than the women silk scarf. Any insight and suggestions would be appreciated :smile:

The kit comes with instructions on how to install the system for a 90 carre or 140. It just changes the placement of the posts that you put into the wall :smile: Obviously the 140 will result in taking up that much more wall space!

The kit comes with instructions on how to install the system for a 90 carre or 140. It just changes the placement of the posts that you put into the wall :smile: Obviously the 140 will result in taking up that much more wall space!
Actually I’m thinking setting up the system to display the jaguar scarf. :biggrin:

Did you set up the fixation on your own?? How did you make sure it was leveled correctly?
My husband and my brother set it up for me. They used a level and measured the distance in between the posts to include both of the hypotenuse lengths to make sure it would be even. It took less than 20 minutes to install and hang it.

Reactions: shrpthorn
Actually I’m thinking setting up the system to display the jaguar scarf. :biggrin:

Jaguar comes in both 90 and 140 :smile: I too want to display my Jaguar, but I might want to decrease the size of the square. Because currently it stretches a scarf way too tight for my comfort, if you install it according to the instructions. The instructions are like 41.3" each side.

Jaguar comes in both 90 and 140 :smile: I too want to display my Jaguar, but I might want to decrease the size of the square. Because currently it stretches a scarf way too tight for my comfort, if you install it according to the instructions. The instructions are like 41.3" each side.
Oh I did know that! Would the cashmere/silk matieral too stretchy to use as display? Silk scarf seems less stretchy.

Oh I did know that! Would the cashmere/silk matieral too stretchy to use as display? Silk scarf seems less stretchy.

I think it depends how you set up the posts. I've set mine up to display 90s. I do think if you install according to the given instructions, the cashmere 140 will be too stretchy. I was actually really dismayed to see how tightly the 90 was stretched when I installed according to the measurements.

Seriously it gets stretched for dear life. And I bought this kit thinking I could easily and SAFELY switch out scarves easily, display them without damage.

It may look nice, but I fear for the scarf so I just have a scarf dangling from the top two posts while I figure it out.

Also, I had the steel cords/coil on the magnets "snap" while trying to stretch it out. You can screw them back in, they are not damaged, but just something to keep in mind... it's like trying to stretch a rubber band to its limits!

I was gonna say I DIDN’T know that :P can’t type at work :biggrin:

Reactions: saranga