Anyone ever written a check at LV?

I have had such weird experiences writing checks at LV and I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem/knows why it happens?? At least twice I have tried to write a personal check at LV...with more than enough funds, and the check doesn't go through!! It is SO annoying! I know it isn't the bank, its the LV check verification service..I don't get it at all! It was sooo frustrating. I guess from now on it is credit or cash..anyone else with a simillar issue?! :confused1:

Yes this has happen to me on more than one occasion!!!! I was soooo embarassed that I always use my debit/cc or cash. Yes people still use checks!!! I use them to pay my month bills.

Yes this has happen to me on more than one occasion!!!! I was soooo embarassed that I always use my debit/cc or cash. Yes people still use checks!!! I use them to pay my month bills.

I use checks to pay my monthly bills but that is it. I print mine out thru my accounting software. I didn't think people still carried paper checks around with them to pay for things. A debit card serves that purpose and is more secure.

thank goodness it has happened to someone else! the saleswoman called twice for me because i knew i had more than enough money, and it still didnt work! she just earned herself all of my comish's from now on, so sweet!

I use checks to pay my monthly bills but that is it. I print mine out thru my accounting software. I didn't think people still carried paper checks around with them to pay for things. A debit card serves that purpose and is more secure.

Not really, I've heard of a lot of companies having problems with their machines and the PIN numbers and bank accounts being compromised. It actually happened to one company my dad used his debit card ONE time with and the company paid for their customers to have monthly credit checks to make sure no one had their info stolen.
I personally will NOT use debit cards anywhere that requires me to put a PIN number in. IMO, with all of the tech savvy people out there, it's a lot easier to hack into a computer and get info from a large amount of people in one fell swoop than it is to take compromise someone's info and account using a check.

Never wrote a check at LV. Everything is paid with cash or when dh unexpectedly splurges, debit card. But we do write checks for paying bills and I have to admit I enjoy writing checks. There's just something about writing it all out and ending it with my signature.

Never wrote a check at LV. Everything is paid with cash or when dh unexpectedly splurges, debit card. But we do write checks for paying bills and I have to admit I enjoy writing checks. There's just something about writing it all out and ending it with my signature.

That's cute that you enjoy writing checks!!! The only bad thing is when the recipient cashes it!!! That's when I would be depressed because your money is now gone!!

I only write checks for car/homeowner's insurance, misc. small things (paying someone back for an item), and my hair stylist since she doesn't accept credit cards. Internet banking is soooo easy although I did resist it at first, but now I pay almost everything via internet banking. I also tend not to use my debit/visa card unless I'm withdrawing cash from my bank.

Even now, I use my credit cards for everything since I usually get some sort of "cash back" for charging to my credit cards.