Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I usually say "READ DESCRIPTION" in caps on ebay for some items, if the stock photo is generic and it is hard to see the specifics.
IMO, stock photos should NEVER be used.

Not only is a prospective buyer not seeing the actual item they're buying but stock images are the intellectual property of the person or company who owns those images aren't using them is infringement if used without permission.

Reactions: fashion_victim9
I've only had one item returned to me, and I know I described it correctly. I don't know if the buyer claimed anything was wrong with it. I think Tradesy just didn't want to resell it, knowing they would lose money on it.

On things you ship yourself, when they return items to you, I'm wondering if it makes a difference if you put a number in the shipping charge in the listing. Did you?
No, for this one I had "use my own shipping" with $0. Basically the same thing I do for every listing, except for the big stuff where i use their $10.50 label. But this was jewelry.
I was wondering the same thing myself. Would they have refunded the shipping charge? I don't know.

In this case I think Tradesy looked at it and didn't want to resell it. The buyer had buyers remorse most likely. There was nothing wrong with the description and impossible that it "didn't fit" as she claimed.

Oh well, I think that item was underpriced anyway and with Tradesy fees, I think I can do better elsewhere for that particular thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: whateve
IMO, stock photos should NEVER be used.

Not only is a prospective buyer not seeing the actual item they're buying but stock images are the intellectual property of the person or company who owns those images aren't using them is infringement if used without permission.
Most people who use stock photos only use one or two stock photos and all the rest are actual photos. thats what I do anyway. It would be hard for me to represent the clothing items without stock photos.

looks like they pretty consistently have been having promotional codes around every 15th of the month. I really wish they had codes for bigger purchases though. I vaguely recall there being like a $250 off $2000 purchase or something like that earlier this year.

looks like they pretty consistently have been having promotional codes around every 15th of the month. I really wish they had codes for bigger purchases though. I vaguely recall there being like a $250 off $2000 purchase or something like that earlier this year.
I wish they had codes for smaller purchases! Most of my remaining stuff is under $250.

Tradesy screwed up. I think this is a glitch. On my payouts page, it shows the money from my last sale, which I just shipped today, is available. But in the detail it still shows as pending. What do you think will happen if I withdraw it?

I want to ask for better pictures of an item I'm interested in, but, is it Tradesy who has the item or the seller? I also don't like the store credit option for returns. If it was a low priced item, who really cares, but, it's a big turnoff for a prospective large purchase.

I want to ask for better pictures of an item I'm interested in, but, is it Tradesy who has the item or the seller? I also don't like the store credit option for returns. If it was a low priced item, who really cares, but, it's a big turnoff for a prospective large purchase.
The seller has the item. Some sellers are more responsive than others. Click on the ask a question box. On my listings, it says "responds in 24 hours" but other sellers might take longer.

I don't care for the store credit option either but at least you get to return for free, and if the item is fake or not as described, you can get your money back rather than store credit.

Thanks for the response! I'll request more pictures. There are only three and overly bright/overexposed at that.

Good point about the credit vs money back. Hopefully it wouldn't be an issue if the seller can provide better photos for me :smile:

The seller has the item. Some sellers are more responsive than others. Click on the ask a question box. On my listings, it says "responds in 24 hours" but other sellers might take longer.

I don't care for the store credit option either but at least you get to return for free, and if the item is fake or not as described, you can get your money back rather than store credit.

I know!!! Hopefully we'll all get some sales from it. There's no expiration date noted which is unusual for them too.
As soon as you use it on something they don't want to discount, they will end the promotion!

ETA: I don't think it will help much with my sales. I think most of my buyers come from outside Tradesy so they aren't likely to have the app.

IMG_3491.JPG I am done buying on Tradesy. I purchased 3 times and 2 were bad.
The first item I bought were Chanel clip-on earrings. Listed as "excellent cond.". When I received them one of the backs were broken, I managed to fix it myself, not a perfect fix but at least they are now wearable. I never contacted the seller as I didn't want to make a fuss.
Second purchase, Chanel earrings. Perfect transaction.
Third, now this is my last. A few weeks ago I purchased a Chanel bracelet in excellent new condition. When I received and opened the box the first thing I saw were pearls and parts loose in the box next to the bracelet. I was so pissed, another damaged item from a Tradesy seller, and none of these were shipping damage either, it looks like the bracelet had a repair previously and the repair busted open upon shipping. Thank heavens it happened in the box and not weeks later. I wonder if it's even authentic as Chanel just doesn't fall apart like that, the stringing does look different, but that wasn't my complaint.
I sent it back the next day as not as described for a refund. They received it and I have heard nothing back. Impossible to call them.
So they have my money and the bracelet.
I just filed a claim with Amex which is pending.
So 2 out of 3 purchases were bad, that's worse than Ebay :sad:

I will never ever buy from them again