anyone else who can only get

I don't really ask DH if I can get a bag, but I don't buy all that often. I currently only have one LV which is fine with me since I do not change bags that often. Usually what I do is I sell off a bag to get a new one.

Well, my husband buys me a couple of LVs and a bunch of Coach bags every year. I don't think he minds too much about the bags I buy since I space them out pretty well and because I had a bag obsession long before we hooked up. I think he is starting to get annoyed at the accessory addiction that I developed after joining TPF because nowadays I am getting a new one almost every week. Sooooo bad.

Also a note, our bills get paid and I make more money than my DH so the only thing he tells me is that he doesn't want to hear me whining about being broke. lol

I hope I don't come off as a spoiled brat...
I work really hard for my moolah (70+ hours per week), so I can spend whatever I want after the bills are paid, BUT I also consult with DH because we're a team.

I guess I'm considered one of the lucky ones to get as many as my little heart desires.
In the end, I actually limit myself since know what our priorities are.

I take care of the bills, retirement funds, paying for lessons/daycare for the kids, food, car payments, etc.
If there is money left over, we put it towards fun stuff.
Currently, the leftover funds are towards savings since we traded up our houses.

I would sacrifice anything for our family, thus the self-imposed ban on purchases until we're at a level of comfort again.

With all that said, I would trade anything to be a SAHM to my 3 angels, even my LVs. :sweatdrop:

So probably without my job, I wouldn't get any... :crybaby:

Also a note, our bills get paid and I make more money than my DH so the only thing he tells me is that he doesn't want to hear me whining about being broke. lol

LOL!

At any point that I make more than DH, it burns a fire up his-you-know-what and it's competition between the two of us, even though we're in different industries/career paths.

I made a little bit more than him and it put him back in school. :graucho:

^^^I don't think you're a spoiled brat at all, sounds like me. I work very hard for my money and I put myself through school 3 different times (and I am still paying off the loans) so that I could get a good job that pays more. In addition, my working conditions really suck and has given me stress, high blood pressure, and crying fits all the time so I KNOW that I deserve to spend the money on things I like. I also treat my husband and my kids to special treats from time to time and I pay for most of the bills for my step son with no support from his mother...and if my husband could make more money and I could stay home with my kids I would also be able to say goodbye to my LVs.

LOL!

At any point that I make more than DH, it burns a fire up his-you-know-what and it's competition between the two of us enough though we're in different industries/career paths.

I made a little bit more than him and it put him back in school. :graucho:

We're the opposite, my hubby worked in the business profession, 70 plus hours a week, head of a division yada yada and gave it all up to go back to school to become a teacher!!!! He is much happier, has time to himself, time for his kids, and always wants to be the SAHD and send me off to work! LOL

^^^ OMG! We're so much in the same situation!
I DO have high blood pressure and alot of stress...
The crying fits has subsided, but the stress is still there. I thought I was the only one that "couldn't handle every day stress" as my docs said...

DH did the sweetest thing last night since he knows what I've been through at work with the 1st quarter ending at our company.

He surprised me with "flowers" and it was the Dentelle Speedy. He even bought it with his "motorcycle" funds. How sweet it that? :girlsigh:

^^^ OMG! We're so much in the same situation!
I DO have high blood pressure and alot of stress...
The crying fits has subsided, but the stress is still there. I thought I was the only one that "couldn't handle every day stress" as my docs said...

DH did the sweetest thing last night since he knows what I've been through at work with the 1st quarter ending at our company.

He surprised me with "flowers" and it was the Dentelle Speedy. He even bought it with his "motorcycle" funds. How sweet it that? :girlsigh:

Hey, I got flowers too yday at work!!!
I hate my job...I am looking for another one as we speak. Hang in there...I hope the Dentelle worked because I got the MC key holder and it worked for two days, then the weekend ended and I had to go back to work. LOL

My boyfriend has started to express his disapproval. However, I make my own money and as long as the bills are paid, he can't say anything. Of course, I still can't buy that many bags per year, but I guess that is my own fault. :sad:

You have to have your own cash. When you go to the grocery store, get over and put the xtra $ away. It does add up. You could always charge it and pay it off as soon as the bill comes or get the 0% interest rate, if you know you will have the $ to pay it when the rate changes. Plus even if you have the $ is it necessary to tell him how much you spent?? Not that you should lie, but sometimes not saying anything is easier (lol). Some DHs do not understand our love for handbags. Mine knows I am a handbag addict. He has gotten used to it. But I have been married for 26 years. Took him awhile. He is the opposite of me, which I guess is why it works. I am the spender he is the watch every penny type. ;)