Anyone else sick of seeing fake jewelry...

I think she means that places are charging excessive prices for fake pieces, and at those prices, why not just buy a real one someplace else?

I don't interpret it that way, especially not after her follow up responses.:shrugs:

she's pretty much saying either it's real or it stinks, in my interpretation.

I don't interpret it that way, especially not after her follow up responses.:shrugs:

she's pretty much saying either it's real or it stinks, in my interpretation.

I used to feel that way...some ppl I know still stick to real only(some are even more hardcore with VCA/Tiff/Cartier/HW etc. only.)

Well, if I open a boutique, having customers with the "nothing like the real thing" viewpoint will be great for $business$.:wlae:

Also on an 'airy-fairy' esoteric level, many healers/seekers that use gems & crystals require authentic, mined stones for their work, meditation, etc.

That's fine by me as well. I can understand that.

Cuz some ppls are rude and will ask me, "Let me see that ring. What brand is it?? Is it fake or real?"

A lot of people have ethical problems with diamonds. Others just choose to spend their money elsewhere. Believe me, when you get to be a certain age or if you carry yourself properly, everyone will assume what you wear is "real" anyway.

Never, never have I encountered company who would dare to ask whether a piece was "real" or not, let alone ask to examine it. I cannot imagine the nerve. Perhaps the problem isn't the jewelry; it might be the company you keep.

Im 20 years old, (it was just my birthday this month, it was on April 12th.) and I'm still uncomfortable with wearing fake gold sometimes. My childhood, like, ruined costume jewelry for me. (I had a lotta problems, but I'm not gonna list all of them.) Now I'm semi-comfortable with wearing CZ, 'cause nobody around me really cares anymore, but not fake gold....and i still remember the days when everybody cared.

I don't look down upon people who wear fake jewelry. (I wear CZ sometimes, when it's really pretty.) I just wanted to see everyone's different veiws on it, cuz most of the time i perfer diamonds over CZ, real gold over fake, but I do wear CZ sometimes. I could never be a golddigger either. I'd feel too bad spending other peoples' money. When it's my own money, I'll spend a good amount like 1,000 to 3,000 depending on the handbag.

Money is something that's been hard for me lately, speaking of insurance companies and all. Sometimes my AMX is like my worst enemy. (I buy online a lot, cuz I dont live near any Chanel boutiques or anywhere.) I have no self control.....I'm considering even taking therapy for it?? Anyone else like this?? :smile:

For me personally, I would rather save & get the "real thing." But that's just me.

Luckily for me I had a grandmother who purchased lovely jewelry & I am fortunate enough to have been given the bulk of it. Otherwise, I wouldn't really have any super nice pieces. It's so expensive.

Jewelry (stones) do usually appreciate. The things I have received from my family I would never sell.

DH has given me a couple of pieces but it's expensive!

I would not buy CZ's but that's just me! For other's I say "whatever floats your boat!"

No matter what the jewelry is, if it's pretty, it's pretty!

Im 20 years old, (it was just my birthday this month, it was on April 12th.) and I'm still uncomfortable with wearing fake gold sometimes. My childhood, like, ruined costume jewelry for me. (I had a lotta problems, but I'm not gonna list all of them.) Now I'm semi-comfortable with wearing CZ, 'cause nobody around me really cares anymore, but not fake gold....and i still remember the days when everybody cared.

I have had allergic reactions to some silver, vermeil and plated base metals. Definitely can't wear it in piercings.

I can wear gold 14/18/etc., stainless steel and titanium forever w/ no reactions.

I also like that you can throw them in the ultrasonic cleaner and not worry.:idea:

Money is something that's been hard for me lately, speaking of insurance companies and all. Sometimes my AMX is like my worst enemy. (I buy online a lot, cuz I dont live near any Chanel boutiques or anywhere.) I have no self control.....I'm considering even taking therapy for it?? Anyone else like this?? :smile:
Yes. I hear you. In all honesty therapy can be GREAT, for so many reasons. Just tonight I was telling DH I should go for the shopping issue. I used to go weekly for YEARS (not for shopping though) & I loved it.

Be careful w/ charge cards or worse credit cards. You can get into a hole so easily! I am still digging myself out of $42,000.00 in one year & $20,000.00 the year prior on cc debt. I always paid ALL my bills on time including a mortgage & was able to dig myself that hole because I had credit! OUCH!

Oh goodness yes. I'm better now(that's what we all say LOL) but still have to be vigilant. I'm 36 now... it was really bad in my teens & twenties. Now that I'm older, married, and a mom... i keep more perspective and don't splurge to the same extent as before.

I also don't buy a ton of gorgeous things anymore because I want to lose more weight first and also want to wait for my kids to get older and less gross. heheheheh... Too many sticky hands, etc. Anything that can't be boiled clean makes me nervous. LOL!

I have had allergic reactions to some silver, vermeil and plated base metals. Definitely can't wear it in piercings.

I can wear gold 14/18/etc., stainless steel and titanium forever w/ no reactions.

I also like that you can throw them in the ultrasonic cleaner and not worry.:idea:

I break out too, even some 14kt does that to me.

All my jewelry is 18kt and up.

Your bday is my anniversary. Happy Belated Bday!!

I grew up spoiled too.

I no. It's very hard because I have bought stuff from Ebay too, and especially with Ebay I tend to think like, "If I don't buy this now, it'll be gone." I'm trying to control myself though. And Laboheme, I have to be careful with what my skin's experienced to, (meaning sunlight, certain metals, ect.) because I have a skin problem (I have to see a determatologist, but I have to use products all throughout my life, it never completely disappears.) thats like a blotchy red rash that just spreads everywhere so a lot of skin products and some metal will make my skin very, very, itchy and it's not a good idea to use products other than the ones recommended by my doctor.