Anyone else have this problem....

ahhhh....yes, I understand this predicament.

Well, for me, I love gold etc on everyone else, but for my neutral bags, I had to love the colour and the leather in combination, and it had to be a little "different". For example, instead of gold togo, I went for Natural Chamonix, natural barenia, caramel chevre - that sort of thing. Neutral with a twist, because the leathers are somewhat different? KWIM? Perhaps you should start looking at the available leather/colour combo's in neutrals, and one will LEAP out at you!

I also love etoupe, and have etoupe accessories in chevre...BUT...for a bag, I'm going for gris touterelle.

ahhhh....yes, I understand this predicament.

Well, for me, I love gold etc on everyone else, but for my neutral bags, I had to love the colour and the leather in combination, and it had to be a little "different". For example, instead of gold togo, I went for Natural Chamonix, natural barenia, caramel chevre - that sort of thing. Neutral with a twist, because the leathers are somewhat different? KWIM? Perhaps you should start looking at the available leather/colour combo's in neutrals, and one will LEAP out at you!

I also love etoupe, and have etoupe accessories in chevre...BUT...for a bag, I'm going for gris touterelle.

excellent thoughts............love natural chamonix! never found the right bag though.

Have you looked into Barenia? Natural, Ebene...I think you might enjoy these as a neutral? Or some of the newer colours being released soon? Olive greens, chesnut browns....

no. i have been staring at this 32HAC rouge garance epsom PHW...(that I just bought and told my SA I was returning tomorrow)

I own the following:
green box
purple
turquoise
etoupe

i am a cool color person so thus my reluctance with browns, tans, gold, orange etc

Try rouge H, it's supposed to be red with blue undertones - which is more "cool" of the reds.

Another option is to get Navy, Indigo, Graphite instead of black. or even Ebene. It's dark but not that dark and with enough difference.

GRAPHITE!!!!! Graphite is gorgeous, chic and can definately be that neutral you're looking for without going to black. Maybe Graphite in Chevre!!!

I saw a gris tourterelle yesterday as it was being boxed (somebody had already purchased it) - it was a two-tone birkin with black piping and a black "back" . You know... the back portion on the birkin is black clemance vs. the gris color.

Personally, I would prefer the grist with black piping. That would be a perfect neutral with some basic black. So versatile....:drool: I think that would be a great addition to your collection...

I own the following:
green box
purple
turquoise
etoupe

i am a cool color person so thus my reluctance with browns, tans, gold, orange etc

Actually you do have a neutral bag already (etoupe) that would seem to go with lots of things.
If you have no problem finding a bag to work with your clothes, I think your collection is fine.
I can be somewhat lazy about switching bags so I like to have a couple of bags that go with most of my clothes, and switch only mostly with the season. I find some colors for me work well as neutrals, e.g., raisin, orange.

Actually you do have a neutral bag already (etoupe) that would seem to go with lots of things.
If you have no problem finding a bag to work with your clothes, I think your collection is fine.
I can be somewhat lazy about switching bags so I like to have a couple of bags that go with most of my clothes, and switch only mostly with the season. I find some colors for me work well as neutrals, e.g., raisin, orange.

thanks tamarind! you are right i often overlook the etoupe ................

I saw a gris tourterelle yesterday as it was being boxed (somebody had already purchased it) - it was a two-tone birkin with black piping and a black "back" . You know... the back portion on the birkin is black clemance vs. the gris color.

Personally, I would prefer the grist with black piping. That would be a perfect neutral with some basic black. So versatile....:drool: I think that would be a great addition to your collection...

That is brilliant AAB!! You have the best ideas!!:graucho:

Ok.....I'm changing my suggestion.

How about Raisin for a colorful-neutral? Just saw my friends Raisin Clemence birkin and it was drool-worthy.....AND neutral!

A perfect neutral with a pop!!!!!!

no. i have been staring at this 32HAC rouge garance epsom PHW...(that I just bought and told my SA I was returning tomorrow)

I own the following:
green box
purple
turquoise
etoupe

Looking at your list again, and you've decided to return the HAC32:wtf: ?????
I would think of Rouge Garance as a lovely neutral.....I've always worn my rouges as neutrals.....