Anyone else have problems w/Collonil Waterstop Spray?

Chaz is one Brave person!!!

with so many types of leather n suggestions... I am always scared to do anything to the bag. But I guess I will try the collonil spary on Oak Lily. Hopefully it will make my bag water proof...

I use the spray quite often but from 20/30 cm away from the bag and i don't cover it completely in the spray (enough for it to be wet/change darker)! If it gets wet, you're not doing it right. It needs to just gently spray against the leather, not be covered.

Looks great, and doesn't darken it either. It looks fresher everytime!

Ps. I have Mulberry Bayswater in Oak :smile:

Hi

Am a mulberry newbie. I bought a secondhand oak ledbury and am wondering how to look after her. Has anyone any suggestions as am confused whether to buy colonial spray or the gel that I saw on mulberry website. Thanks:biggrin:

Hi

Am a mulberry newbie. I bought a secondhand oak ledbury and am wondering how to look after her. Has anyone any suggestions as am confused whether to buy colonial spray or the gel that I saw on mulberry website. Thanks:biggrin:

Just joining in, hoping someone will see this!

I have purchased a used (pretty much brand new condition) Bayswater Shoulder Bag. It's the Glossy Goat leather and seems like it will be water resistant naturally. I've already got Collonil gel and spray at home - should I be using it on this type of leather?

Thank you!!

Vicky

Hi

The spray basically waterproofs ad protects your bag when new and should be reapplied after regular use as a top up...the gel is more to nourish the leather to remoisturise it and keep it supple..id spray first a d then apply the gel if the bag is preloved

Just joining in, hoping someone will see this!

I have purchased a used (pretty much brand new condition) Bayswater Shoulder Bag. It's the Glossy Goat leather and seems like it will be water resistant naturally. I've already got Collonil gel and spray at home - should I be using it on this type of leather?

Thank you!!

Vicky

A good spray never hurts though i have had goat bags for years and never used it on them goat is so resilient...i only use the gel if the bags feel dry a d gain never had a problem with goat so hope that helps

If in doubt always call customer services and ask for the specific advise for the leather type if in doubt and you don't have the care card that came with the bag

I used a waterproof spray on my soft grain bayswater- as suggested on mulberry card care- and I have noticed the leather changed the texture its smoother and not that much soft anymore . However the spray works very well for goat leather as I didnt see any change in texture or colour . I jave got my mulberry for not a long time so I cannot really say how the spray works in the long term .