Anyone else have a mother in law-

does anyone have a nice MIL?
my mil is the devil in human form, really. her most recent put down was when i arrived at her house just after dinner and she asked me if i wanted any cake (they were all having some) when i said no she looked me up and down and said probably a good idea!!!!!!!!!! she is twice the size of me.
thanks for letting me vent.

ROFL!! Are our MIL's related?

Wow, what a thread! BF is not my DH (yet!) but his Mother is wonderful and even though she lives on the opposite side of the country we see her quite a few times a year. BF and his Mom are close; when his Dad passed away suddenly a few years ago it really deepened his relationship with his Mom and the rest of his family.

I'm very happy and feel lucky to have a wonderful BF and his Mom who likes me too - whew! I can't imagine that changing if we got married...anyone ever have that happen -?

LOL, at least there coming around though. Luckily my MIL and I get along great, shes truely like a second mom. But with all families theres annoying little things that happen. Like the wedding guest list was totally taken over by his mom. But I told him it was getting annoying that I only had a handful of people and his mom was inviting people I never met. So he told her to back off and she nicely said she was sorry. It's cute she calls me "my bride".

HAHA.. awww, I fear the wedding planning thing!!! Youre lucky your DH understands tho :wlae:

SO of six year's mum really likes me (not my hubby, but we plan on marrying in a couple years). My parents told me to only look for a life partner whose parents liked me, because those are the people you have to deal with for the rest of your life. His mom has always been so sweet to me, and she's just an overall good-natured person (as are her sisters). No gossipy-ness, no cattyness, very generous. She always does such sweet things for me, and I'm quite fond of her. His Dad is really sweet to me also. And my parents love my SO, so it works out nicely!

But my high school bf of two years, geez his mom was a crazy nightmare. She'd spy on us, she wouldn't let us go places alone, wouldn't let the door to any room be closed on us, would confront me about what I did with her son, gossiped about me, tracked his health relentlessly (he's perfectly fine and healthy, and she was always taking urine samples :wtf:)...no wonder he's so screwed up right now and can't get a gf!!!

Believe me when I say I feel your pain. May I share a few comments from mine? "You shouldnt drink soda thats why you have a stomach." "You didnt get that job because you have a stomach." After talking about buying a condo in the Phillippines "Greg (My husband) maybe you can find a girlfriend there."

OMG... that is insane!!!!:wtf:

My mother in law introduced me to her relatives....but she called me by my husband's ex wife's name (and they'd been divorced for abour 6 years by then and us together about 4 years by then)....the whole place got quiet and my brother in law said, "Oh, that's not good." She didn't even apologize, just said something stupid...

Anyway, the woman and her daughters hate me. Nothing nice has ever come out of her mouth about me.