Anyone else disappointed with quality lately?

Grey went back & they sent me a replacement, which I havent used as I fear the same will happen again.

Ink went back for repair & they want to send me another one or have me choose another bag. Thing is .. I am at the end of my tether with Mulberry & apart from a scarf, there is nothing that I want.

Wow LMM, that's cr*p. No way should an expensive bag split like that. Your pictures show it well. Maybe you could get replacements and if it happens again, kick up a right old stink and get your money back. Hopefully by then mulberry will have made a bag that you like the look of.

Saving and selling for this like a woman possessed tastefashion. Phoebe Philo has booted Celine into bag heaven IMO

img-thing.jpg
I have a celine orlov and whilst lovely - all bags have quality issues. The stitching on the links where you clip the messenger strap have started to come undone and I hardly ever use this bag!

Saving and selling for this like a woman possessed tastefashion. Phoebe Philo has booted Celine into bag heaven IMO

img-thing.jpg

Why did you post this:graucho:? I was contemplating a new bag after two failures with Mulberry. Snuck back in quitely and now need to have this. Will now go and google the price and look to sell my child ;)

Last edited:
OK, one last question, do they ever go on sale? I would hate to buy one now, only for them to go on sale in the next couple of weeks.

Am too scared to ring the boutique in case they are like LV:wondering

Well SS I got mine in the HOF 2 day sale and I noticed the Black was still there on Sunday back to full price. I would guess that Céline will go in the end of year sale. They couldn't give them away half price before Phoebe Philo took over and I don't think word of mouth is that strong yet. At least not here in the sticks!
If you look at the Céline threads it seems to be unthinkable that it would go in a sale in the US but there is not the same buzz here (yet?). I'd be gutted to buy it full price for it to be lowered a couple of weeks later. However HOF do have a 14 day cash-28 day exchange period. I know Glasgow is really good for giving you the difference back on items that go in the sale just after you have bought them. So theoretically you could buy at £1250 on 30th Nov and "return" and repurchase at the sale price on or before 28th December.

Well SS I got mine in the HOF 2 day sale and I noticed the Black was still there on Sunday back to full price. I would guess that Céline will go in the end of year sale. They couldn't give them away half price before Phoebe Philo took over and I don't think word of mouth is that strong yet. At least not here in the sticks!
If you look at the Céline threads it seems to be unthinkable that it would go in a sale in the US but there is not the same buzz here (yet?). I'd be gutted to buy it full price for it to be lowered a couple of weeks later. However HOF do have a 14 day cash-28 day exchange period. I know Glasgow is really good for giving you the difference back on items that go in the sale just after you have bought them. So theoretically you could buy at £1250 on 30th Nov and "return" and repurchase at the sale price on or before 28th December.

aaarrrgggghhh - have just spent all afternoon ringing around. I got notification of the HoF special, but of course didn't discover your fabby bag until Saturday. Westfields HoF has one burgundy in stock at full price. As it's the only one, I can't see if I purchase it today that they will have another one on display for me to claim back the difference if it goes on sale.