Anyone else craving a Birkin 35?

I have one in black togo ghw in size 35 and it does pain me because although its SO beautiful and classic especially in black its just SO heavy. My reluctance to wear it is always related to the weight - I will now only carry it for travel to put on top of my rolling carry on. Having said that the last few trips I just reach for my Chanel xxl flap instead because its super light and just so much more practical.
How do you put your B35 on top of your rolling carry-on if you don't mind? I thought about this but the Birkin's handles are not long enough to put over the carry-on's handle (if you know what I mean), so if you just put the bag on the suitcase how do you move both without the Birkin falling off?

Reactions: Rainbow.fish
First B35 was a BBB :love: But still sits in her box - never came out during these 10+ years (H thought of not granting me my wish for PHW but produced the bag with the Guilloché hardware and I'm not a lover, tbh).
Second B35 was from a re-seller, used, but very nice condition at a fair price (Togo Black PHW), third B35 was in Togo Etoupe PHW, from the boutique. This one I hardly use - don't know why as it's a great neutral but somehow I tend to grab my other bags much more often. So need to think about the future of this bag as well...
Now, I recently got a B30 in Togo Gold with PHW and I love the look of it although I never had the impression that the B35 were "big"to start with. Might add a B30 in black (would be super happy to get it in Box or any other smooth leather) and let go of the B35 in Etoupe, once prices will rise again on that size.
Will probably never let go my first love and need to start wearing her out at last...

B25? Was never an option until I tried it in the boutique this spring and I adored it, so hopefully can add to my collection and to get more versatility to wear with dressier clothing. Let's see...
You need to get that beautiful box beauty out now and rock it!!

I paused my H purchases after having kids but my B35 in etoupe (Togo) was my first H bag and was for my 30th bday so I never sold it. I didn’t touch it for years because of the lack of a shoulder strap and I was running around almost exclusively in belt bags.

I’ve recently rediscovered the B35 since my kids are older now and my god is it a fabulous bag! There is something so effortlessly chic about an older loved B35. I don’t necessarily feel like I need multiple of them at that size though. A great neutral B35 will always have its purpose in a closet, whether for work, travel, etc. I actually use a lightweight belt bag from madewell that also serves as a quasi organizer in mine which holds my essentials if I want to leave my bag in the trunk of my car for a bit if I want to be more incognito or hands free temporarily. Of course I would never place my B in the trunk while in public for fear of theft.

Just got my first B30 in swift and I love it but I still think the proportion of the B35 is superior.
Totally agree that an older b35 is so effortlessly chic. I can see what you mean about multiples in the 35 size being unnecessary. One would definitely be enough for me as well (or so I hope :graucho::giggle:)

I love that you use your Birkins pretty much empty just because...I know I’ll be exactly the same just because I love the look of the b35 too :giggle:
Love it! Empty B35 user here! :wave:
I have 3 B35, 1 B30, and 2 B25.
The B35s are the OGs and my absolute hands down, ride or die, favorites. I love them for work, travel, weekends, kid shleping, etc. I carry mine to work and they are mostly empty, but they are so chic and perfect I don’t care. If I had to keep only one it would be a B35!

How do you put your B35 on top of your rolling carry-on if you don't mind? I thought about this but the Birkin's handles are not long enough to put over the carry-on's handle (if you know what I mean), so if you just put the bag on the suitcase how do you move both without the Birkin falling off?
Can’t speak for others but I just try to have my carry-on handle at the same height as where the B35 handles hit when placed on top even if it’s slightly lower than my usual height. I then just have all handles in my hand when moving. I would think trying to put the B handles over the carry-on handles would be hard and stretch them out too much.

Curious if you think Jonathan leather is lighter? Obviously you only have that one B35 so nothing to compare it to. And I would also love a smooth barenia b! The patina :love:
It is lighter thanks to its chevre internal lining (I've tried B35 in togo and clemence and there is a difference). The hand is beautiful, like I said, buttery! Barenia B - the patina and the smell. I was going on (and on) about this to my store director - very hard to get one in my store. She offered me a tiny barenia bill/money clip instead! I took it, of course, beggars can't be choosers and hopefully I'll get my Barenia B one day!

• Love
Reactions: forgetmenot301
Love it! Empty B35 user here! :wave:
I have 3 B35, 1 B30, and 2 B25.
The B35s are the OGs and my absolute hands down, ride or die, favorites. I love them for work, travel, weekends, kid shleping, etc. I carry mine to work and they are mostly empty, but they are so chic and perfect I don’t care. If I had to keep only one it would be a B35!
Sounds like a great b collection :loveeyes: Hoping I’ll be content with just 1 of each but I feel like that never works:giggle:

Reactions: TeeCee77
It is lighter thanks to its chevre internal lining (I've tried B35 in togo and clemence and there is a difference). The hand is beautiful, like I said, buttery! Barenia B - the patina and the smell. I was going on (and on) about this to my store director - very hard to get one in my store. She offered me a tiny barenia bill/money clip instead! I took it, of course, beggars can't be choosers and hopefully I'll get my Barenia B one day!
I have a Fauve Picotin 18 and the smell is heavenly! Hoping we each get our Barenia Bs one day (I’d take any size b in smooth honestly)

My first B was a black B35 Fjord GHW. I loved that bag. I loved its big texture and hardy leather that could take a joke. It was the perfect work conference bag. However post-Covid, my job hardly sends us anywhere anymore after learning how much it saved and how we all carried on conference-less and zooming into other cities for work meetings. So…it lost its purpose for me. It took me about 3 years to finally decide to part with it. And no, not finding myself yearning for another even though big bags are coming back. Agree with everyone that B35 proportions are somehow more appealing than B30s however. I think these looked great on taller ladies!

Also, at 5’3” 96lbs, the B35 bag was always too big for any other use except as a conference bag. For work, I wore heels so it looked better. In daily life working from home I wear flats/loafers and it just overwhelms my frame.

Last edited:
My first B was a black B35 Fjord GHW. I loved that bag. I loved its big texture and hardy leather that could take a joke. It was the perfect work conference bag. However post-Covid, my job hardly sends us anywhere anymore after learning how much it saved and how we all carried on conference-less and zooming into other cities for work meetings. So…it lost its purpose for me. It took me about 3 years to finally decide to part with it. And no, not finding myself yearning for another even though big bags are coming back. Agree with everyone that B35 proportions are somehow more appealing than B30s however. I think these looked great on taller ladies!
Fjord is such a cool leather! I can see it would have been hard to part with