Anyone else craving a Birkin 35?

I posted a reply but it disappeared or I made an error.

My first B was a B35 black GHW fjord leather. Perfect work conference bag. I loved the big texture. The hardy leather could take a joke. Post Covid, my company hardly sends us anywhere anymore, having learned how much they can save, which is kind of a bummer.

Anyway, at 5’3” 96lbs, that bag was always too big for any other use except as a conference bag. Post Covid, it had no purpose for me. It took me 3 years since I loved it so, but we finally parted ways. I purchased a preloved B30 to replace it and have not yearned for the B35 since.

Agree with others that the proportions are more appealing in 35 than 30. 35s look great on taller/less petite women!
I can still see your original post. But you are definitely petite so I can see how it would’ve been quite a bag to lug around. I’m 5’6 and around 125lbs so I feel like I can swing both ways. Or at least I think so and try to pull it off :giggle:

I can still see your original post. But you are definitely petite so I can see how it would’ve been quite a bag to lug around. I’m 5’6 and around 125lbs so I feel like I can swing both ways. Or at least I think so and try to pull it off :giggle:
Haha yes, totally new to the forum so I thought I’d made a mistake because I didn’t see the response anywhere. Now I do (facepalm). Definitely at your height and weight the B35 would look great! Even my 9 year old daughter said one time “that bag is so cool” and she doesn’t know anything about bags. Sigh. I did love that fjord birkin. It had a very carefree look and carried all my notebooks and papers.

• Love
Reactions: forgetmenot301
Haha yes, totally new to the forum so I thought I’d made a mistake because I didn’t see the response anywhere. Now I do (facepalm). Definitely at your height and weight the B35 would look great! Even my 9 year old daughter said one time “that bag is so cool” and she doesn’t know anything about bags. Sigh. I did love that fjord birkin. It had a very carefree look and carried all my notebooks and papers.
Was your bag heavy as I read that Fjord is a heavy leather?

Can someone list the leathers that the 35s come in from lightest to heaviest? I think I will try to go for a lighter leather with my next one.
I think this thread will help!

How do you put your B35 on top of your rolling carry-on if you don't mind? I thought about this but the Birkin's handles are not long enough to put over the carry-on's handle (if you know what I mean), so if you just put the bag on the suitcase how do you move both without the Birkin falling off?
My carry is a LV horizon and the handle height is adjustable so I just perch it on top and adjust the carry on handle to the nearest height and hold the B35 handles along with the carry on it seems to work. It just sort of balances well on the horizon.

I still carry my 35B because I love the slouch. Mine is gold togo with PHW. I only carry 4 small items, maybe five, but it is nice to have the extra room in case I want to carry more things. It is heavy, but my arms could use a bit of toning up, so it's a win win for me! :lol:
Fashion and exercise! A total win :lol:

Last edited:
Can’t speak for others but I just try to have my carry-on handle at the same height as where the B35 handles hit when placed on top even if it’s slightly lower than my usual height. I then just have all handles in my hand when moving. I would think trying to put the B handles over the carry-on handles would be hard and stretch them out too much.
I do the same and find it quite comfortable. It also works for a B30. You need a carry on with a handle that doesn’t have set heights so you can line it up with the handles of the B35. I definitely wouldn’t attempt to stretch the B handles over the carry on handles.

Was your bag heavy as I read that Fjord is a heavy leather?
I’ve heard that, too, but I didn’t find it overly heavy at all and I am a very small person. Having the flexible handles helped somehow make it conform to my body and feel comfortable. Loved it, but it was too visually large on my frame *unless* I was wearing heels…and I don’t need to wear heels anymore with my work from home post Covid life.

I also have a thing about height, weight and a B35. Meaning, I don’t think height or weight matters AT ALL. Anybody can pull off a B35; it is all about the confidence to carry it!
For sure! If someone loves it and needs that size, then I think they should go for it. Same for talls with B25s who want a smaller, lighter carry. For some it isn’t so much a confidence thing so much as a personal choice based on their visual preferences. I don’t think Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen looked quite right when they carried a huge birkin, but others may respectfully disagree and think it looks great!

Reactions: Rainbow.fish
Lol to bumping into people and things! As much as a love togo I definitely don’t think I have the strength to own one in it or clemence. Definitely save those leathers for the 30s and below. And I also agree that the 30 is perfection. But there is something about owning all 3 sizes that is appealing :graucho:
Yes, I always have a pang for one of every size. It's Hermes bag FOMO? There is always a bag for each occasion. Togo isn't too heavy for me, but barenia and clemence definitely feels too heavy. Ideal leather with good weight is chevre, the structure and sheen is phenomenal. I had a few different B35s in chevre, but the colors never worked out. My raisin is a dark neutral. My fave colors are purple and pink, so it goes with my entire wardrobe. It does bump into things, but honestly, if it gets bad, I'll send to the spa. Corners look great after the spa!

Yes, I always have a pang for one of every size. It's Hermes bag FOMO? There is always a bag for each occasion. Togo isn't too heavy for me, but barenia and clemence definitely feels too heavy. Ideal leather with good weight is chevre, the structure and sheen is phenomenal. I had a few different B35s in chevre, but the colors never worked out. My raisin is a dark neutral. My fave colors are purple and pink, so it goes with my entire wardrobe. It does bump into things, but honestly, if it gets bad, I'll send to the spa. Corners look great after the spa!
I have a b30 in chevre in vert cypress. Chèvre is by far one my fav leathers. Would LOVE to add another chevre B in a 35 next :loveeyes:

Reactions: WingNut and may3545