Anyone else craving a Birkin 35?

Early on I lost my heart to Birkins in 35cm and have never looked back. I have some of the light weight ones: Box, Chèvre, Croc, Ostrich, Vibrato & Toile/Leather. The discontinued Ardennes leather is quite lightweight too.
It's always funny to me when so many on tpf assume that B35s are large and heavy. The original B was 35cm & box calf. A B35 in a lighter weight leather is a joy to carry whether full or partially full.
I'm just really happy to see so many appreciate B35s instead of their smaller variations.

Early on I lost my heart to Birkins in 35cm and have never looked back. I have some of the light weight ones: Box, Chèvre, Croc, Ostrich, Vibrato & Toile/Leather. The discontinued Ardennes leather is quite lightweight too.
It's always funny to me when so many on tpf assume that B35s are large and heavy. The original B was 35cm & box calf. A B35 in a lighter weight leather is a joy to carry whether full or partially full.
I'm just really happy to see so many appreciate B35s instead of their smaller variations.
Sounds like you have a beautiful and well rounded collection :loveeyes:

Oh Ardennes is lightweight? I thought since it’s similar to Togo it would be similarly heavy?

What a stunning collection!

The Birkin 35 is waaaay too much of a classic to not be craved imo haha it also has so much presence when being lugged around.

To this day my most carried size is a 35 even if I try not to carry much on a daily basis. I also like the fact that I almost always have room for anything be it fabric swatches, a water bottle, and even tile samples lol And, I find clemence to be my favorite as it’s the easiest to carry cause of its suppleness.

An unpopular opinion for sure but I personally feel the weight of a 30 vs a 35 isn’t too big a difference. What makes the 35 heavier are the extra things (and sometimes unnecessary) I put in it just because I can.

I say go for it! I think everyone needs at least one 35!

20+ years ago my first Hermès bag was my white taurillon clemence B35, my favourite bag. Although I now have B and K bags in various sizes now I still love the B35 BUT I have also aged 20+ yrs and I no longer can carry super heavy full bags :lol: so I will make sure to not overfill when I carry my B35s

Reactions: forgetmenot301
Love to see there is so much love for B35s... I like to carry my life in my handbags so a bag is never too big as far as I'm concerned!

I hope the big bag trend really takes off again (I feel like it's been threatening but not quite there yet), so I can be front of the line when H creates more and my store finally orders some, as I have mentioned the format enough times to my SA!

Also hoping they allow chevre for 35 SOs... totally unlikely but a girl can dream... :heart:

The Birkin 35 is waaaay too much of a classic to not be craved imo haha it also has so much presence when being lugged around.

To this day my most carried size is a 35 even if I try not to carry much on a daily basis. I also like the fact that I almost always have room for anything be it fabric swatches, a water bottle, and even tile samples lol And, I find clemence to be my favorite as it’s the easiest to carry cause of its suppleness.

An unpopular opinion for sure but I personally feel the weight of a 30 vs a 35 isn’t too big a difference. What makes the 35 heavier are the extra things (and sometimes unnecessary) I put in it just because I can.

I say go for it! I think everyone needs at least one 35!
Haha totally agree, way too much of a classic to not be craved!

Reactions: hermesgeek
20+ years ago my first Hermès bag was my white taurillon clemence B35, my favourite bag. Although I now have B and K bags in various sizes now I still love the B35 BUT I have also aged 20+ yrs and I no longer can carry super heavy full bags :lol: so I will make sure to not overfill when I carry my B35s
I definitely will carry a mostly empty B35 if I add one because I just love the look but definitely do not need the space :lol: Love that you still love and carry yours!!