Anyone else carry a lunch and other crap to work?? Can lunch go in my Bal bag?

I think the Work would be a nice size, but I wouldn't carry anything that smells or can spill inside the bag. Bbags are durable but super sensitive to stains and smells :Push:

If you don't want to upsize all the way to a Work, a Day would be a great compromise. Like everyone else has said - it holds a ton, but still looks more like a medium bag than an "oversize" bag.

I carry water bottles, granola bars, etc. in my Bals. The only thing I avoid is non-packaged food. I don't worry as much about getting the lining dirty as I want to avoid odor of any kind.

I think as long as you ALWAYS keep food items in a plastic bag you should be fine.

In the event you do get some kind of spill *God forbid* don't forget that leather is amazingly resilient. I recently had a bottle with cranberry juice spill in my foley and corinna mid city tote, I use this for school (this might be a bag you could look into). Anyway ... it was horrific, I was so mad at myself because that was the first time I've ever put anything that wasn't water into one of my bags! However, I just dunked the leather under some running water and squeezed on the leather in the sink for several minutes and you cannot tell anything was spilled on it!!! So now I'm not so worried about these leather bags, they hold up beautiful under pressure.

Wow that was long. So anyway, I think you should consider a work in RH, that would look amazing!

I'd be afraid to carry lunch or a drink in my Bal. I carry a separate nylon tote to work for those things. If I did have to carry something that might spill in my Bal, I would put it into a ziploc bag or similar to ensure it was sealed.

I wouldn't put my lunch in my Bal either. Just recently I had my lunch leak through my tupperware and get my longchamp dirty. Luckily that was easily washable. Maybe you could find one of those really cute but understated cloth tote bags. They're great because you can machine wash them when things go wrong.

I had a bottle of coca cola leak in my bubblegum city once - I was in tears! Luckily it didn't stain as i noticed it in time and it had soaked into the dust bag at the bottom of the bag rather than the leather - so glad I had the dust bag at the bottom that day! I'm very wary about putting any liquids or spill-able things in any of my bags since then!

I have a cute little cotton tote I got from a friend with a washable lining, I don't know where she got it though. It's the perfect size for my lunch and says "my other bag is a fendi" on it, it makes me giggle. So I carry my lunch and water bottle in that to work, sometimes a pair of heels as well and change my shoes at the office.

the day has plenty room for my lunch, but I worry to much and using the washable tote is a safer option.:smile:

I had a bottle of diet coke leaking in my black cherry twiggy (didn't stain though or if it did I cannot tell since black cherry is a dark color).

My daughter's sippy cup leaked in my thyme green and completely destroyed my bag. The bottom half of the bag went completely yellow. I had bought from Balenciaga so I sent it back and they fixed it for like $70. Looks like new now :smile:

I happily put my lunch and drink in my City... but I only ever drink water, so that is not much of a concern.

However, lunch is always inside a zip-lock plastic bag.

If I've bought lunch and it has come paper-wrapped, I just roll the package up nicely inside the plastic carry bag it comes in and tie the ends securely, so no leaks or smells are likely.

As a rough guide, I love mayo and asparagus, and marinated sun-dried tomato in my sandwiches, and so far everyone who has sold my bags has never noticed any smells - or else for sure, they would have included that in their descriptions of my bag!

If anything, it is the perfume lingering from my scarves that have left a trace of fragrance behind.

I always keep a very lightweight, strong (it's like parachute silk) carry tote from Zomp, a shoe store that does waterproof versions in black and dark olive green and uses them instead of plastic or paper bags for their shoes, folded inside my Bbag (it folds to about the size of a baby's fist). That way, if I buy a slice of pizza for lunch, it goes into the Zomp tote bag (which gets thrown into the wash that night).

I put everything in my Bbag...pens..apples..banana..etc etc.. maybe i should take more care of my Bbag? But it seems to be fine, I love it cos I can use it everyday and its great!

I wouldn't carry anything that can potentially leak/leave stains in my bbag! I use a different bag for work (LV Neverfull) where I do throw in food/drinks occasionally because it's canvas and any stains would come off more easily.

I put everything in my Bbag...pens..apples..banana..etc etc.. maybe i should take more care of my Bbag? But it seems to be fine, I love it cos I can use it everyday and its great!

i'm the same way. besides, i think it's a hassle to carry an additional bag just for lunch. if your main bag is big enough for it, why not? you can take precautions by putting food in plastic bags (lots of stylish options for lunch bags now), makeup in make-up cases, etc.

i know people who carry their nice bags inside another bag. that's what works for them and i'm cool with that. for me, it's too fussy.

enjoy your bag... and your lunch. :smile:

oh, i forgot to mention... i find a city to be a bit small and can fit ample stuff in my part-times. i can also cram a lot of stuff in my days. i love the look of the city but, i carry lots of stuff, so the pt and day works for me.

I have a cute little cotton tote I got from a friend with a washable lining, I don't know where she got it though. It's the perfect size for my lunch and says "my other bag is a fendi" on it, it makes me giggle. So I carry my lunch and water bottle in that to work, sometimes a pair of heels as well and change my shoes at the office.:smile:

This sounds so cute!! I found these:
http://www.jessicacushman.com/mm5/m...tore_Code=JKC&Category_Code=CottonCanvasTotes

and ordered the large "My Other Bag is a Gucci" tote!

Thanks for the idea. :smile:

This sounds so cute!! I found these:
http://www.jessicacushman.com/mm5/m...tore_Code=JKC&Category_Code=CottonCanvasTotes

and ordered the large "My Other Bag is a Gucci" tote!

Thanks for the idea. :smile:

Oh that is cute! I like the little crown on those ones, mine doesn't have a crown, no idea where my friend got it from. I just need a "my other bag is a balenciaga" tote....or to buy a fendi to make my "other bag is a fendi" tote true :graucho:. maybe I'll buy a fendi, haha.