Anyone bought from The Real Real?

Jumping in here to say, I ordered a pair of boots from them described as black and in excellent condition. They arrived brown and covered in stains. Oy.
My last three bags purchased were all SNADs. What they describe as minor marks and scratches is in reality significant wear. I don’t think I’ll buy anything that’s listed as less than excellent and I’d still expect some minor issues. All three were listed as very good. :facepalm:

@QuelleFromage oh wait, you said your boots were listed as excellent. Did you have any problems getting a refund? I’m waiting to hear back from them re: my last purchase but they’ve been pretty efficient with my refunds so far. My guess is that they’re getting a lot of complaints.

My last three bags purchased were all SNADs. What they describe as minor marks and scratches is in reality significant wear. I don’t think I’ll buy anything that’s listed as less than excellent and I’d still expect some minor issues. All three were listed as very good. :facepalm:
I had two or three experiences like that with ebay. bags described as excellent with noticeable flaws - and priced for excellent.
I also had an experience with Poshmark where a bag didn't look so great in the pics, seller didn't answer questions and price was low. bag turned out to be better than expected. not perfect but VG considering the price and acceptable to me.

I had two or three experiences like that with ebay. bags described as excellent with noticeable flaws - and priced for excellent.
I also had an experience with Poshmark where a bag didn't look so great in the pics, seller didn't answer questions and price was low. bag turned out to be better than expected. not perfect but VG considering the price and acceptable to me.
The returns from Canada for me are really a PITA as I have to then apply to get my tax and duty back from the government. :annoyed:

The returns from Canada for me are really a PITA as I have to then apply to get my tax and duty back from the government. :annoyed:
oh, so you think twice before returning? but if you're talking about a significant amount of money you're not gonna keep something that's unacceptable. so you're right - must shop carefully.

oh, so you think twice before returning? but if you're talking about a significant amount of money you're not gonna keep something that's unacceptable. so you're right - must shop carefully.
Precovid I’d pick up and return in the US but with the border still closed it becomes a bigger deal and more expensive to shop in the US. If the damage is something I can DIY easily I keep it but lately the bags have not only had damage but have the overall feel and look of something that was heavily used. Back they go!

@QuelleFromage oh wait, you said your boots were listed as excellent. Did you have any problems getting a refund? I’m waiting to hear back from them re: my last purchase but they’ve been pretty efficient with my refunds so far. My guess is that they’re getting a lot of complaints.
They are fine on returns since I literally filed a return as soon as I saw the boots were stained, but I've asked them to pay the shipping instead of charging me $11.95. Small stuff maybe but on principle. These were $500 The Row boots, not some kind of super mega deal.
It's actually a bummer because they are BEAUTIFUL except for the stains. I could wear the color.

They are fine on returns since I literally filed a return as soon as I saw the boots were stained, but I've asked them to pay the shipping instead of charging me $11.95. Small stuff maybe but on principle. These were $500 The Row boots, not some kind of super mega deal.
It's actually a bummer because they are BEAUTIFUL except for the stains. I could wear the color.
Bummer. But yes I find they’re fine with returns even when it says final sale.

Aaand the other boots I ordered, very good condition, have big scuffs on them. (This is a $1200 pair of boots, basically retail price, but hard to find. Still should not actually be damaged.)

I only went shopping at TRR because I had a credit (from an order they had promised to refund) and it’s 0 for 2. Add that to them rejecting consignments of items that were bought FROM TRR and never used as well as items in far better condition that what they are selling...
I’m just so surprised that this company is so well financed and expanding with all these major issues.

Reactions: lulu212121
Aaand the other boots I ordered, very good condition, have big scuffs on them. (This is a $1200 pair of boots, basically retail price, but hard to find. Still should not actually be damaged.)

I only went shopping at TRR because I had a credit (from an order they had promised to refund) and it’s 0 for 2. Add that to them rejecting consignments of items that were bought FROM TRR and never used as well as items in far better condition that what they are selling...
I’m just so surprised that this company is so well financed and expanding with all these major issues.
Have you considered talking to them about the credit? Was there a reason you couldn't get a refund? Were you past the return date?

Have you considered talking to them about the credit? Was there a reason you couldn't get a refund? Were you past the return date?
Honestly, the order I have a credit for was accidentally signed for by a neighbor and by the time I got it I was past the return window. I asked for an exception, they said they'd grant one as a full refund, but then it was only in the form of a credit. I really dislike the company but there I was stuck with a credit AND they are by far the easiest place to find sold-out older designer items (like a specific pair of The Row boots).
I just need to accept that it's a bad company and I can't count on QC or authenticity; it's eBay with a bit more of a return policy.

Honestly, the order I have a credit for was accidentally signed for by a neighbor and by the time I got it I was past the return window. I asked for an exception, they said they'd grant one as a full refund, but then it was only in the form of a credit. I really dislike the company but there I was stuck with a credit AND they are by far the easiest place to find sold-out older designer items (like a specific pair of The Row boots).
I just need to accept that it's a bad company and I can't count on QC or authenticity; it's eBay with a bit more of a return policy.
I’ve found their CS to be very pleasant and obliging though.

Reactions: lulu212121
I buy from them all of the time and for years, I’ve been refunded shipping when they have been slow to ship. No problem. I recently bought a pair of Stella McCartney jeans. A lady actually stopped me at the mall and told me how cool they were. They were better than described online. I’ve been disappointed once. However, I paid so little for the item ($25) that I didn’t return it.

I‘m extremely picky and limit myself to $200. For my life, wearing very expensive items is not my reality. Most of it would only get worn on the weekends. I also hate returning even in store. It’s a pain.