anybody use regular gas on their high end cars?

Premium on my STI. It drives really strange 91 octane and I had to take it to the dealer to have it modified. The car ran really slugish and rough. It was designed to accept 93 octane minimum.

It should say inside the door to your gas tank so you don't have to dig through the manual (I can honestly say I don't know where my manual is). Also, switching back and forth from regular to premium isn't recommended. It would be nice as the gas prices change, but it's just something you shouldn't do (my boyfriend is a huge car guy and when prices go up I have to listen to him whine about how expensive premium is, LOL).

i commented previously, but i just wanted to add that i do indeed love my Toyota 4Runner because all it requires, according to the manual, is regular. wooo 87 octane!

I am really shocked by how many gas guzzling big vehicles so many people have. If you live in a city, I truly don't understand why you need a sport utility vehicle, especially since they have a fairly poor safety record and cause a lot more fatalities than regular vehicles.

I use the middle grade of gas for my car, which is a modest Suzuki Aerio. I love it -- it is sporty, zippy, great on gas, roomy for its size and best of all, runs like a dream.

If I had the money, I'd buy a Prius. There are a lot of Prius taxis here and they are fantastic rides.

Diesel is so incredibly polluting -- I can't even believe diesel cars are still legal in North America.

Premium will reduce engine knock, which is important for high-end cars. You will see a difference in performance, I promise you.

Low end cars will not see a difference.

In my experience you really should use the premium. My BMW calls for 91 octane and seriously I put in the regular a couple times and my engine was knocking!! :wtf: Now I only use premium!

I am really shocked by how many gas guzzling big vehicles so many people have. If you live in a city, I truly don't understand why you need a sport utility vehicle, especially since they have a fairly poor safety record and cause a lot more fatalities than regular vehicles.

I use the middle grade of gas for my car, which is a modest Suzuki Aerio. I love it -- it is sporty, zippy, great on gas, roomy for its size and best of all, runs like a dream.

If I had the money, I'd buy a Prius. There are a lot of Prius taxis here and they are fantastic rides.

Diesel is so incredibly polluting -- I can't even believe diesel cars are still legal in North America.

Hmmm....well, first of all, it seems like you're knocking people for driving SUV's given their pollution. Fine, but just so you know, only after 6-7 years of driving a Prius does it's "green" qualities become apparent. This mainly has to do with the battery and the toxins used inside. They want you think that that the CO2 emissions is all you have to worry about. Wrong. Battery disposal is a HUGE polluter.
Also, Diesel cars are some of the cleanest burning cars on the market. Go research Direct Injection Diesel cars to see what I mean.