Anybody have the V tote? Monogram or Empreinte

Happily, the Zurich store had two of the V Tote MM in Bordeaux available and put one aside for me so I hopped a train this afternoon. The store was quite crowded even for a weekday, but when I said there was a reserved bag for me, I only had to wait a few minutes. The SA (Linsey) was very pleasant and helpful and offered me a beverage before showing the bag.

And here's where the disappointment set in. Although the bag info on the LV site said it was 36 cm wide, it wouldn't hold my 34 cm wide laptop because the zipped bag opening was only 29 cm wide. I had brought my work laptop with me and we just couldn't make it fit. So...I reluctantly told Linsey no :sad: and headed back out onto Bahnhofstrasse. I texted my husband that the laptop didn't fit (and mine isn't a lightweight so it was annoying to be dragging it around on a vacation day). He called me and said, do you really like the bag? Would you use it for everyday or for travel? It's big enough to easily hold your iPad if not your laptop. So we decided that I would get it anyway as a belated birthday present.

Back in the store, I told the "traffic" staffer that I had decided to get the bag after all and a few minutes later, Linsey was bringing it back to me. I looked at both of the available bags -- one was made in France, the other in Spain. I thought I would want the made in France bag but after comparison, I thought the made in Spain one was crafted slightly better. It wears very comfortably cross-body, so I think that's probably how I'll wear it most days although with the adjustable strap, it also works as a shoulder bag. Note: the price was 2270 Swiss francs; given that the franc and US dollar are pretty much equal, you will save buying LV in Switzerland.

This is the link to the bag on the LV (France) site: https://fr.louisvuitton.com/fra-fr/produits/sac-v-tote-mm-monogram-nvprod1170022v#M43949 and here is a photo of mine shortly after it was unboxed (empty, I haven't put anything in it yet). I'm taking it out for lunch tomorrow with a friend who lives just over the border in France, so I love that my passport fits in the zipped secret compartment. Will do a full reveal and review after I've worn the bag for a while, but overall, I'm glad I bought it even if my laptop will still have to travel around town in my old Longchamp Pliage nylon bag...

View attachment 4386841 View attachment 4386842
It's beautiful, great choice, congratulations!

Reactions: Passerine123
Happily, the Zurich store had two of the V Tote MM in Bordeaux available and put one aside for me so I hopped a train this afternoon. The store was quite crowded even for a weekday, but when I said there was a reserved bag for me, I only had to wait a few minutes. The SA (Linsey) was very pleasant and helpful and offered me a beverage before showing the bag.

And here's where the disappointment set in. Although the bag info on the LV site said it was 36 cm wide, it wouldn't hold my 34 cm wide laptop because the zipped bag opening was only 29 cm wide. I had brought my work laptop with me and we just couldn't make it fit. So...I reluctantly told Linsey no :sad: and headed back out onto Bahnhofstrasse. I texted my husband that the laptop didn't fit (and mine isn't a lightweight so it was annoying to be dragging it around on a vacation day). He called me and said, do you really like the bag? Would you use it for everyday or for travel? It's big enough to easily hold your iPad if not your laptop. So we decided that I would get it anyway as a belated birthday present.

Back in the store, I told the "traffic" staffer that I had decided to get the bag after all and a few minutes later, Linsey was bringing it back to me. I looked at both of the available bags -- one was made in France, the other in Spain. I thought I would want the made in France bag but after comparison, I thought the made in Spain one was crafted slightly better. It wears very comfortably cross-body, so I think that's probably how I'll wear it most days although with the adjustable strap, it also works as a shoulder bag. Note: the price was 2270 Swiss francs; given that the franc and US dollar are pretty much equal, you will save buying LV in Switzerland.

This is the link to the bag on the LV (France) site: https://fr.louisvuitton.com/fra-fr/produits/sac-v-tote-mm-monogram-nvprod1170022v#M43949 and here is a photo of mine shortly after it was unboxed (empty, I haven't put anything in it yet). I'm taking it out for lunch tomorrow with a friend who lives just over the border in France, so I love that my passport fits in the zipped secret compartment. Will do a full reveal and review after I've worn the bag for a while, but overall, I'm glad I bought it even if my laptop will still have to travel around town in my old Longchamp Pliage nylon bag...

Please keep posted about how the corners wear, if quickly or not. And i love the color combo you purchased! Just the one I want

This is such a beautiful bag! Love the Bordeaux/ mono combo! Congrats and enjoy!!

The top zipper is bothering me a bit....doesn’t zip easily, seems to catch and it’s slightly crooked. I guess I want perfection ❤️
It's interesting that someone else mentioned the same problem earlier on this thread. It's not an issue with mine -- but I did think the "made in Spain" bag I ended up buying looked more carefully constructed than the "made in France" model when I did a side by side comparison at the LV store. Hmmm....