anybody have a birkin 40 cm?

Hi jaegerhomme,

Was afraid to admit, but I do find the 35cm very functional. And yes, on days where I dont have that many things to carry, I would bring my 35cm out for a walk!

Cheers :biggrin:

well I don't know your height but I am 5'4 and the 40 (that I almost bought) looked huge on me like a travel bag, also being clemence it weighed a ton empty which is what really bothered me. The size is ok if you like the look but keep in mind the weight though.

a little off topic... But is it true that a 40 Kelly is lighter than 40 birkin with the same leather? I never carried a 40 birkin in Clemente and would like to know if birkin in the same size is heavier.

TIA!!!

I love my 40cm! I use it like almost like a briefcase. It's heavy (Ardennes leather) but fits a ton of stuff.

Sorry, xiaoxiao, but I have no 40cm Kelly to compare. I recall both DiamondS and ilovemylife have 40cm Kellys. Perhaps they can help here?

Reactions: Demi8
a little off topic... But is it true that a 40 Kelly is lighter than 40 birkin with the same leather? I never carried a 40 birkin in Clemente and would like to know if birkin in the same size is heavier.

TIA!!!

xiaoxiao - I have a 40cm Birkin in Box Calf and it weighs more than my Togo 40cm Kellys.

xiaoxiao - I have a 40cm Birkin in Box Calf and it weighs more than my Togo 40cm Kellys.

Thanks Ranag! :heart:

I am so surprised to learn that even box calf birkin in 40 is heavier than togo kelly in the same size... I wonder what makes birkin that much more easier than kelly... Maybe two straps vs. one, and the additional hardware? I also heard one SA saying that the distribution of weight in a kelly is different than a birkin... I wonder how true that is...

Last edited:
I have a 40 Clemence Raisin Birkin which i adore! :heart::heart::heart: I use her everywhere, everyday! :heart::heart::heart:
I use both her as a daily bag, a "briefcase", a laptop bag and also use her as a travel bag! :yes:
Even though she's heavy :tdown: she's very practical and I just ADOORE her!

...I have few 40cm. bags some in crocodile ....amazing ...and some in leather .... tHE 40 CM It's quite a big bag ,useful for traveling but can get really heavy !!! So I do prefer the size 35cm to go around . For sure your own size .....how tall you are...can influence the bag size I will see M .MONROE better with a 30cm.
and ELLE MCP probably is at the best with 40cm....
That's anyway my opinion...!!! I Also think bags and their size need to be pick relate to the occasion that you have to use them for....
:heart::heart::heart:

^^Good advice, its funny, I returned a 35cm birkin, with hopes of a 40cm gold hardware birkin. I think the big bag look can look great, it is also useful for work purposes, travel, it can defo fit a laptop and files which is handy!

I only own 35's but I was at H during the holidays and I met a woman carrying an Etoupe 40 Birkin. She was tiny - no more than 5'1" or less - and very petite and thin. She had it slung over her shoulder like a shoulder tote!

The size did not overwhelm her IMHO. It looked big but not OTT big.