Any TPFers on Twitter?

twitter ultimately annoys me. I fail to see the reason why anyone who doesn't really give a damn about me would be interested in what jelly I slapped on my morning wheat toast and whether I like pulp or non-pulp grapefruit juice. stupid web2.0 and its overhyped applications.

COFFEE SPEW! :roflmfao:

I have a couple of friends on Twitter and I actually am too but I RARELY post unless one of them is MIA via email and text - I can always find them on Twitter - mostly griping about stuff - venting, I guess? LOL!

twitter ultimately annoys me. I fail to see the reason why anyone who doesn't really give a damn about me would be interested in what jelly I slapped on my morning wheat toast and whether I like pulp or non-pulp grapefruit juice. stupid web2.0 and its overhyped applications.
:lol: While I am totally with you on the web 2.0 thing in general and have a whole experimental blog and massive word-dump to prove it, Twitter is the least annoying to me.

I like the kind of stream of consciousness aspect of it, and while I keep my toast preferences very private, as a lady should, I do tweet things I happen to be thinking about, and of course I pimp the experimental blogs.

Sometimes I think of it as a kind of online puzzle game because as you can imagine, composing 140 character haiku-oids is not really a good fit with my Brevity Impairment...

There was an article on social networking in the NY Times Magazine back in September that gives a pretty nice overview of what social networking is and why people use it. It's geared toward the "over 30" crowd. :lol:

Here's a VC blog entry that summarizes the article fairly succinctly: http://lsvp.wordpress.com/2008/09/0...ebook-and-twitter-read-this-ny-times-article/

Full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/magazine/07awareness-t.html (If the link is too old, Google "Brave New World of Digital Intimacy")

After reading this, I finally "got it." :yes:

I've sent these links to many friends and even my boss (who's pushing 50) who don't get it either.

Back to topic...I'm on Twitter and Facebook but use them for work too so prefer not to disclose my IDs. Sorry....

I'm glad this thread popped up - I added a bunch of people on here! Mine is Lanier1, if you get a request from that name (or want to add me). :smile: