Home & Garden Any tips on buying a mattress?

I'm a mattress-buying virgin. Any pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated:smile:

Take your time! lay on all of them, as about the return policy.
I just bought a new bed (mattress and box spring) I have 120 days to use the bed and exchange it if not happy with it. That being said I had to purchase one of their mattress covers in order to be able to do that.

What's good about that is, laying on it for 10 mins isnt going to give you an idea that its perfect. I mean you need to sleep in it for a while and i'd say a month for sure.
You also have to remember that if you're bed you have now is old and giving you back issues the new bed has to correct that. So you'll need to give it time before you know 100% that bed is right for you,

I purchased a hillcrest pillow top, its sealy. I love it!!!

I suggest buy a water bed even though they're quite expensive to buy they last much longer than a normal matress (to 20 years). We bought a water bed 3 years ago and it was the best investion wew ever made, both dh and me had back or shoulder neck problems (me) and they totally dissapeared after a couple of weeks. We bought one from a Danish manufacturer wich is calmed down to 0 seconds so it doesn't move to much when you toss and turn and it has thos fleece stripes in it to support your downer back. I never slept so good in my life as on this bad.

Take your time! lay on all of them, as about the return policy.
I just bought a new bed (mattress and box spring) I have 120 days to use the bed and exchange it if not happy with it. That being said I had to purchase one of their mattress covers in order to be able to do that.

What's good about that is, laying on it for 10 mins isnt going to give you an idea that its perfect. I mean you need to sleep in it for a while and i'd say a month for sure.
You also have to remember that if you're bed you have now is old and giving you back issues the new bed has to correct that. So you'll need to give it time before you know 100% that bed is right for you,

I purchased a hillcrest pillow top, its sealy. I love it!!!
I would hate to be sold a mattress that someone else had on trial to sleep on even with a cover:wtf:

I have a Sterns & Foster matress and LOVE IT!! It is the best matress I have ever had. I had purchased a tempurpedic, slept on it for 2 weeks and sent it packing! To me it was so uncomfortable and hot...my sister purchased a tempurpedic after I told her not to and had the same experience, she traded hers in for a Simmons pillow top and loves it. Try a sterns & Foster, they are more expensive but a tiny bit less than a tempurpedic.....they have a great warranty and are totally worth it.

Someone above mentioned to check the return policy. YES!! Check this!!

I bought a mattress set last year and after about a week decided it was too tall (it was one of those massive pillowtop ones and none of my sheets fit). Anyhow, I called to return the set and they told me I could only return the mattress.. NOT the box spring. Boo!! Anyhow - just double-check what they accept for returns. I think I went to a Mattress Giant or something.

Someone above mentioned to check the return policy. YES!! Check this!!

I bought a mattress set last year and after about a week decided it was too tall (it was one of those massive pillowtop ones and none of my sheets fit). Anyhow, I called to return the set and they told me I could only return the mattress.. NOT the box spring. Boo!! Anyhow - just double-check what they accept for returns. I think I went to a Mattress Giant or something.

why would they only return the mattress ? that sounds rather odd!

why would they only return the mattress ? that sounds rather odd!

Yep that is what I thought when I went to return the *set*. I read the fine print and there it was. Got my revenge by listening to the sales people do thier song and dance and then warning the prospective customers when the salespeople got to the fact that they could return the *mattresses*. Most people assume they meant the set.