Any thoughts on the roma bag?

i haven't found any bottom sag with the cabat. when it isn't full the sides can be tucked in or left out. when it's full it looks like a tote. i love it!

Thanks annie9999! I was deciding between an Orange which was kinda stiff and the ebano which was softer. The stiffest was the patent leather one which really looked beautiful but boy, was it heavy (it's like buying balengciagas with the new heavy hardware). I could not tuck the sides in for the orange one. Is it because it's a different kind of leather? Sorry if the question sounds stupid. I'm new to Bottega and completely addicted!!:Push:

don't know what the orange leather is but i know the ebano in nappa is really soft. the ottone is goat-chevre and although it is stiffer new i saw one in the boutique and it softened up beautifully. i love the way the stiffer leather feels -the texture and color are extraordinary. i think you need to find a sa you trust to let you know how they evolve. they see people come in using the bags so they know how they soften. good luck this is so exciting!

Hi, well it will be hard for me to say anything bad about the roma and I love the new ferro color, but it would be hard for me to justify two of these bags. This bag doesn't come off like a big bag to me because it is so slouchy. Mine is new, only carried a few times and it puddles down onto the floor, it may look structured but it is soft and slouchy when empty. The 3 accordion folds if not filled just smoosh up tight together. I can never begin to fill it. I think it looks more like a work bag than a casual hobo type bag, but who would define a Birkin as anything but useable for any occassion and this bag definitely has the same feel. I hope you get it and on sale. A good sale might tempt me too for this one. I think the color will go with anything even more so than my old petra. Maybe you should just order one not on sale and see if its too big and if you like it in person (if you can't stop in a store). NAP is pretty good with their sales and they do allow returns. I bought mine for a great price from a TPFer on ebay and it was absolutely mint for under $2000. Couldn't be happier.

ReRe, thanks so much for your input; I was looking for feedback from those of you who have used the roma for awhile, and these comments are perfect! Sounds like the roma is what I'm looking for, although the large veneta in special order ferro is very tempting! I'm not a fan of zippers on purses and when I tried on the large veneta today, felt that the bag slouched perfectly...except for around the zipper. So I'm going back and forth between the roma and the veneta.