Any thoughts on the Galliera PM?

The Galliera is a gorgeous bag but the dark smudge marks from the rings that rubbed onto the vanchetta got on my nerves. I am hoping that they make the Damier Ebene part of the permanent line so that I can get one.

The Galliera is a gorgeous bag but the dark smudge marks from the rings that rubbed onto the vanchetta got on my nerves. I am hoping that they make the Damier Ebene part of the permanent line so that I can get one.

I just bought a mono Galliera GM and the Mgr of my LV Boutique said Louis Vuitton had corrected the problem. I think she said they changed the hardware (the problem was in the hardware they were using.).

jill39, I am around 40 also (and holding...heehee) and just bought the GM. I don't think the GM is heavy. You'll love the Galliera PM, go for it!

Thank you all so much. Just need to save up a little bit more, so I can make the drive and get it. And thank you also for explaining the IMO. I am always lost on those thing.

Ok I think I can jump in on this. I too am considering the Galliera PM. I am going to try it AGAIN tomorrow to make sure. I am 41 with 3 kids. (1 is an adult). I understand you in regards to buying smart. I love satchels and the speedy but it may not be practical for me. I can tell you that I have tried the Galliera on and it is sooooo soft. Fits very comfortable on the shoulder. I agree with the others, as long as you are not carrying alot of heavy items, you will be fine. It is a beautiful bag. For me it is between that one and the Palermo PM, I should be deciding tomorrow. Let us know when you make a purchase.

Finally, now I will ask everyone. What does DH mean?

No, it is not heavy but I just sold mine because the two gold metal rings will stain the light color leather (where ever it can be touched by the rings). It becomes ugly and there is nothing you can do to stop that. If you see a display (that had been in the shop for a while,) you can notice the stains.

I'm a daily TPF reader and hardly ever post but I will chime in on this one. I am a Mom of three (oldest is 15 and youngest just turned one). I am in love with my galliera pm. It's roomy, comfy and stylish. I have other bags (LV included) that are far heavier. The galliera just seems to sit perfectly under the arm and as another poster mentioned - the strap is wide enough that it seems to distribute the weight very well which makes it very comfortable to carry. I think it's a perfect choice! As far as your age - that shouldn't even be a factor... just carry what you love.

I just brought mine out today - it's a lightweight bag in general but like any tote, you'll just need to make sure you don't load it with too much stuff, or it can still cause strain to your shoulder and back after a while (esp. if you're out shopping). It's a HOT bag - go for it!!

I love my Galliera PM for its comfort. It fits so nicely on my shoulder. It is perfect for work and weekends. It looks great with a suit or with jeans and a T-shirt. I have thought about selling it a few times (to save up for other bags) but I can never bring myself to it because there are SO many PRO's (vice CONs) with this bag. It is a great multi-functional bag! BTW--its also VERY light (as long as you don't put too much stuff in it!). I think you'll be extremely pleased with your decision.

To note: based on other recommendations on tPF and eBay, I use a clear/white eraser on any hardware markings and it does reduce the dark coloring. But, it sounds like LV fixed the hardware problems.