Any other latin Coachies???

Status
Not open for further replies.
In keeping with the no repeat posts politic, I'm bumping this thread.

Ok, it's 3 kings day!!!!! All you latin coachies post your pressies, if you got any, in this post!!What are your traditions?

Hubby got me some other presents but here's my Coach!! Please, excuse the crappy pics, my new camera hasn't arrived yet.

CIMG6814.jpg

CIMG6815.gif

My family is from Dominican Republic but we don't celebrate three kings day we are too tired from Noche Buena and Año Nuevo since KB toys is going out of business we bought extra presents for our baby and called it 3 kings day presents... what is la rosca???

It's a sort of fruit cake that has a small present hidden inside. Whoever gets the present's supposed to have good luck all year. I think it's a spanish tradition but it's done on other countries as well.

Feliz Reyes bravo! I'm American living in Spain with DH who is Spaniard, and my little Spanish niñas :smile: We gave up Christmas and celebrate Reyes, and we're about to dig into the Roscón.... except here there are 2 things hidden inside... una haba, el que lo encuentre tendrá que pagar el Roscón, y una figurita, quien la encuentre suerte tendrá todo el año y será Rey para un día :smile:

My parents are from Panama. We used to celebrate "el dia de los reyes magos" when I was a kid living in Panama but not so much now :sad:

We always mention we should do something now, especiallythat I have a little boy. We'll have to do it next year!

For those that are wondering about this whole Reyes thing, once it was explained to me it actually made a whole lot of sense! Essentially it's the 12th day of Christmas, when the Wise Men arrived bearing gifts unto the newborn King.

I am Peruvian and we don't celebrate El día de los reyes, I wish we did! Maybe I should start and make it a tradition at home. I know my little girls would love it! for me it'd be another excuse to get some more coach stuff. :graucho:
I am glad to see many Latinas on tPF!:heart:

Feliz Reyes bravo! I'm American living in Spain with DH who is Spaniard, and my little Spanish niñas :smile: We gave up Christmas and celebrate Reyes, and we're about to dig into the Roscón.... except here there are 2 things hidden inside... una haba, el que lo encuentre tendrá que pagar el Roscón, y una figurita, quien la encuentre suerte tendrá todo el año y será Rey para un día :smile:

We are on our way over to mil's house and she's spanish. A tomar un poco de cava y comer fabada!! We're going to Spain on vacay on the 31st!!! To Leon where my mil tiene un piso desocupado!!! Feliz Dia de Reyes chicas!!

Tenemos familia en Leon, pero creo que vivo demasiado lejos para organizar un encuentro aqui. Que pena, me fuera gustado un montón :tup:

wow im glad to see there are so many latin people on the tpf, we are going to go to the MIL to eat some good foood!! then to cut the "rosca" as well and eat it with some chocolate or atole!!

I was born in the Dominican Republic (although my family moved here when I was two) and am definitely aware of "El Dia de Los Reyes". However we don't exchange gifts because we have pretty much folllowed American tradition of gifts at Christmas. I tried to convince DH (who is African American) that he can certainly give me presents today ;) but he's not buying it :P

Status
Not open for further replies.