Any love fossil?

First Fossil wallet. It has been sitting in a drawer and I think I need to let it go because I just bought a new bag and wallet, but the color is so beautiful. It feels solid. I couldn't pass it up!

Attachments

• 20170609_175155.jpg
    20170609_175155.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 20170609_175204.jpg
    20170609_175204.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,038
Reactions: amandah313
Here is my new crossbody and wallet. I love them, but I haven't used them yet. I want to make sure I know how to take care of them before I use them so I can keep them looking great longer than my old Fossil. I have a lot to learn about leather care.

Attachments

• 20170609_162454.jpg
    20170609_162454.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 1,041
I am a serious leather snob and have bags that cost thousands and bags that cost peanuts. I've had coach, fossil, loewe, LV, Balenciaga, cath kidson, blondie Mania, Guess, Radley, Mulberry, St Laurent... you name it, I've had it at one time or another.

I am really passionate about handbags and the leather in particular and I have to say over all the years and brands I've experienced, Fossil, a reletaively cheap brand had the softest leather. Now, I've had issues with their quality of stitching on a bag and the replacement bag, in the same area which put me off the brand. However, I've yet to feel leather as nice except for loewe flamenco bag! That won't be beaten, in nappa leather. Also radley nappa leather purse. ( they don't use nappa much anymore ) I've just purchased another fossil after 7 years of avoiding the brand. I hope the quality of stitching has improved.

Reactions: BlacTexas
I am a serious leather snob and have bags that cost thousands and bags that cost peanuts. I've had coach, fossil, loewe, LV, Balenciaga, cath kidson, blondie Mania, Guess, Radley, Mulberry, St Laurent... you name it, I've had it at one time or another.

I am really passionate about handbags and the leather in particular and I have to say over all the years and brands I've experienced, Fossil, a reletaively cheap brand had the softest leather. Now, I've had issues with their quality of stitching on a bag and the replacement bag, in the same area which put me off the brand. However, I've yet to feel leather as nice except for loewe flamenco bag! That won't be beaten, in nappa leather. Also radley nappa leather purse. ( they don't use nappa much anymore ) I've just purchased another fossil after 7 years of avoiding the brand. I hope the quality of stitching has improved.

I am actually surprised this is your finding, as while I do think Fossil is a durable and quality brand for the price, do not consider it to have the softest leather at all, not even amongst some of the contemporary brands I have or have had (i.e. Kate Spade, Coach (and their current Coach 1941 line with the glovetanned smooth and pebble leathers is amazing - I would happily use one of my Rogue Satchels, stuffed, as a pillow it is so soft and smushy - but of course their pricepoint is quite a bit higher than Fossil), Skagen, Cole Haan (I bought and have kept one small crossbody from Cole Haan pretty much purely because I am in love with the leather on it..,), Rebecca Minkoff whose Nikkis I actually DID use as pillows during more than one layover, etc).

However, of course, this could just be related to the Fossil bags I have myself touched; maybe I have just had really bad luck with the many I have handled! While I have come across some softer pebbled Fossil bags, I have just generally found the leather thick, but rather stiff and sometimes even somewhat "waxy" (I am not sure how else to describe it). I know some of their leathers are glazed, but I also have had glazed RM bags that just did not have that waxy feel. I actually was looking at a few Fossil bags over lunch hour today (several Emi saddles, Peyton flaps, and the Emma??) as well as some other crossbodies I don't know the name of) and was not very impressed by the leather feel of any (though the actual construction and stitching seemed nice!)

Last edited:
Hi guys! I have been eyeing the Sydney satchel for a very long time but wasn't able to get hold of it back then so i ended up getting a Emma satchel which i do still love using it. Recently, i saw someone selling the Sydney satchel online and i was seriously considering of getting it until i went to the Fossil stores and saw a slightly similar bag (ie: Rachel satchel in the non rubberised leather) which also looks amazing.

Having a dilemma right now on whether i should get the Sydney satchel or the Rachel satchel. Does anyone here owns a Rachel satchel? How is it holding up?

I guess it depends on the price and what condition the Sydney is in. The Rachel seems to have more structure than the Sydney but that may change with time. I will say that I hadn’t noticed the Rachel before but after looking through them on Pinterest I really want one.

What color is the Sydney and would you get the Rachel in the same color? I have a natural fossil crossbody and literally everything shows. If your buying one used I would proceed with caution

I guess it depends on the price and what condition the Sydney is in. The Rachel seems to have more structure than the Sydney but that may change with time. I will say that I hadn’t noticed the Rachel before but after looking through them on Pinterest I really want one.

What color is the Sydney and would you get the Rachel in the same color? I have a natural fossil crossbody and literally everything shows. If your buying one used I would proceed with caution

The Sydney satchel that i saw online is in a brand new condition (in brown colour) whereas the Rachel satchel that i am eyeing is in the vintage brown colour. I'm trying not to get those light coloured ones cause i'm not the type who babies my bags very much. Though my Emma satchel is in camel colour and its been a year of heavy usage but it still held up pretty well considering that i didn't babied it at all.

Hi. I'm not sure if people are checking this thread anymore. But, I just purchased a Fossil sydney at Marshalls. They had a few colors. It's missing a few features (no feet, card slots or key leash) but was only $59. I guess it was the version meant for Outlet stores. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted one. Apparently they are popping up all over the US in Marshalls and TJ Max.

Hi. I'm not sure if people are checking this thread anymore. But, I just purchased a Fossil sydney at Marshalls. They had a few colors. It's missing a few features (no feet, card slots or key leash) but was only $59. I guess it was the version meant for Outlet stores. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted one. Apparently they are popping up all over the US in Marshalls and TJ Max.

Post a pic??

Post a pic??
Here you go. This isn't great lighting, it's more of a teal color. I bought this last week. They had pink, light grey, and a light indigo denim color. I went back yesterday and they only had 1 pink left. But I think they must be all over the US in Marshalls and TJ Max because there are posts on Instagram and YouTube reviews.

I totally love this bag. I changed out and then changed right back in because it holds everything for my daughter and me, but is still light weight. I'm used to Dooneys which are very heavy.

Attachments

• IMG_6276.JPG
    IMG_6276.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 404
Here you go. This isn't great lighting, it's more of a teal color. I bought this last week. They had pink, light grey, and a light indigo denim color. I went back yesterday and they only had 1 pink left. But I think they must be all over the US in Marshalls and TJ Max because there are posts on Instagram and YouTube reviews.

I totally love this bag. I changed out and then changed right back in because it holds everything for my daughter and me, but is still light weight. I'm used to Dooneys which are very heavy.
I saw these too and almost bought one. I have owned one before though so second guessed myself plus I think I still need to pare down my bags before getting another satchel. I think the zippers going all the way down is also a change. I may be remembering wrong but I think that's how the original ones were but then the more recent ones had them higher up. Here's the blue one I almost got: IMG_20180509_162617_1.jpgIMG_20180509_162608.jpg

I saw these too and almost bought one. I have owned one before though so second guessed myself plus I think I still need to pare down my bags before getting another satchel. I think the zippers going all the way down is also a change. I may be remembering wrong but I think that's how the original ones were but then the more recent ones had them higher up. Here's the blue one I almost got: View attachment 4077798View attachment 4077800
That's the one. I would say buy it if you are at all interested. They're going fast and it's a good price. I have one of the older ones and the zippers go down the same amount.