Any love fossil?

ahowe07

Sep 30, 2011
I LOVE fossil! I think I may like it a TINY bit more than coach, only because I'm not fancy or classy like coach bags, I am more practical and youthfully refined. Fossil has excellent quality leather, just as good sometimes better than coach (only because the thickness and substantiality of their leather) I know my leather fossil bags will last me a lifetime if I treat them right.

833.jpg

I too love me some fossil. I have been eyeing up this weekender bag in Brown - I'm going to pull the trigger soon.

I don't like it as a purse, it is too structured and quite large, but as a tote for traveling or school or putting lots of crap in for work.... I LOVE IT! I just am bummed I didn't catch on when the leopard print was out!

I like Fossil too. Besides liking their styles (some of the time) I like the fact that I can wear their bags with no thought as to whether it will get ruined with bad weather or worry about it getting stained or dirty.

Although I don't own any, I have noticed that Fossil has REALLY upped their game recently. Their recent vintage line sold out at nearby department stores when they had sales. I wouldn't be surprised if Fossil ended up having a more dedicated section in many department stores because its quality and popularity has been rising.

My mom has a Fossil bag and she has worn it for months. The leather looks as great as the day she bought it, and it holds up to wear very well. If Fossil keeps it up, they will soon be rivaling bridge brands.

Love, love, LOVE Fossil! :girlsigh: The prices are great, the quality is phenomenal, styling is chic, and they fit so well into one's lifestyle. Better than a high-end bag, at least for me. And did I say the prices are great--even better when they go on sale at Macy's. After seeing what Fossil's had to offer the past few years I can no longer justify buying a high-end bag.

Even the resale prices for used bags on ebay are not at all shabby for sellers.

Fossil's been my stand-by for years; I have never thought their quality has diminished. I think now that they are better than Coach, in that they don't try to 'sell' a lifestyle. I can't see Coach turning their business model around any time soon (and why should they?) so if Fossil can get more attention from those sick of the status quo, more power to them!

Reactions: SK007
Yes, yes, yes! I think Fossil needs its own subforum ;)

I am eyeing that weekender tote. I just got a Mason satchel from them in ash grey (with camel straps) and I'm very happy with it. I love the pockets inside many of their bags, too. They just somehow get the compartments right.

I don't own any Fossil bags now but my mom had one and I was impressed on how well made and how organized it was. Before I started buying Coach, I used to always look for bags that had lots of pockets and it was hard to adjust when I first started using Coach. Coach seems to spend more time on making their bags pretty rather than functional. It forces you to buy lots of organizing accessories and then you need a bigger bag in order to hold them all.

Awhile ago I needed a checkbook holder but I don't like checkbook wallets so I didn't want to spend much. I bought a leather Fossil checkbook wallet on ebay for under $5. Later, I bought a Coach checkbook wallet but when I compared the leathers, the Fossil was much softer and nicer, so I returned the Coach.

I think that Fossil quality is really good and the price is one quarter of Coach. It may be just my impression but Fossil seems to have a practical non-girly vibe. I don't know if they make anything that can be considered luxury, like something you would want to carry on a special occasion.