Any hesitation at paying full price?

So glad I decided to start this thread because I now have my dream bag 'GUCCI JUNGLE HOBO' on its way to me thanks to LoveM&S' superior shopping skills. And yes it was on sale! I am still amazed how this group of individuals with a love of bags come together to help each other out.
:tpfrox:

Last edited:
So glad I decided to start this thread because I now have my dream bag 'GUCCI JUNGLE HOBO' on its way to me thanks to LoveM&S' superior shopping skills. I am still amazed how this group of individuals with a love of bags come together to help each other out.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Please remember to take modeling photos! If it's anything like my two leather hobos, you will be overjoyed! The leather on the Jungle in the photo looks to me like lambskin whereas mine are I think calf or buffalo leather. I would really love to know once you get it. Enjoy and I'm really really happy for you!!!! :biggrin:

So glad I decided to start this thread because I now have my dream bag 'GUCCI JUNGLE HOBO' on its way to me thanks to LoveM&S' superior shopping skills. And yes it was on sale! I am still amazed how this group of individuals with a love of bags come together to help each other out.

:dothewave::dothewave::dothewave:

Wow, soooo happy for you jroger1

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Please remember to take modeling photos! If it's anything like my two leather hobos, you will be overjoyed! The leather on the Jungle in the photo looks to me like lambskin whereas mine are I think calf or buffalo leather. I would really love to know once you get it. Enjoy and I'm really really happy for you!!!! :biggrin:

I had the black one briefly then returned (not sure why I even bought it because I really don't like black bags, oh yeh it was on sale BG $580!) but it was not lambskin it was more like regular soft calfskin. But the price for the camel color is higher and it does look softer, I suppose I will find out when it arrives! Thanks!

we're in this together to help each other find our perfect/dream bag(s), no matter the designer/brand, it's a common desire we all share that unites us together, despite our varying opinions on lots of things to do with designer bags ;) am really happy you found it on sale and in the colour you were looking for!

I'm really glad I was "right place, right time" for jroger1! It's very interesting to see how coincidence works!

1. I haven't stepped in this forum until last week. I usually hang at Bal forum. When I posted my bag hunting thread at there for non Bal bags, a member there suggested this forum to receive more responses. So I started checking this forum and found this post.

2. I went several stores to check bags which were recommended on my thread yesterday. I didn't plan to check Saks Gucci store, because I just checked bags in Gucci boutique near there already. But when I passed by Gucci section in Saks, I happened to see a nice pink bag. I love pink! I couldn't ignore it.

3. In the same section of the pink bag, "THE BAG" was there! Wow!

It has nice soft leather.:heart: I think you will like it, jroger1!

My Jungle Hobo arrived yesterday promptly 3-day FEDEX. Of course I always inspect a bag very carefully upon receipt. When I opened the box, I could spot right away the Gucci dark brown dust bag was literally covered with white lint and otherwise just not clean like it came from Saks 5th Ave. OK so I proceeded to inspect the bag itself. It is a beautiful light brown (camel) color, and not having seen the color in person before was pleased with the color. The leather is very soft and smooshy just like I expected it would be, maybe just a tad bit softer than the black was. OK, something is just a little off with the leather - the handle is too soft like possibly been carried and softened up a little on the handle already. On the underside of the strap there is a small tear, it is small but it is definitely a tear. And finally the gold (brass) beads are tarnished. I can possibly polish up the beads but I cannot fix the tear. I guess I expect a bag to be perfect, if it is on sale it should reflect damaged goods, if that's the case it should be labeled as such. I did ask where it came from and if it was "pristine" I use that word because that is what I expect. I was told warehouse and yes it was pristine. Anyway, maybe my bar is set too high? If you get a sale price do you expect a perfect bag?

Send it back. If you don't, you'll always feel a twinge of disappointment and your enjoyment of this bag is gone. Besides, with the tear, it's damaged!

My Jungle Hobo arrived yesterday promptly 3-day FEDEX. Of course I always inspect a bag very carefully upon receipt. When I opened the box, I could spot right away the Gucci dark brown dust bag was literally covered with white lint and otherwise just not clean like it came from Saks 5th Ave. OK so I proceeded to inspect the bag itself. It is a beautiful light brown (camel) color, and not having seen the color in person before was pleased with the color. The leather is very soft and smooshy just like I expected it would be, maybe just a tad bit softer than the black was. OK, something is just a little off with the leather - the handle is too soft like possibly been carried and softened up a little on the handle already. On the underside of the strap there is a small tear, it is small but it is definitely a tear. And finally the gold (brass) beads are tarnished. I can possibly polish up the beads but I cannot fix the tear. I guess I expect a bag to be perfect, if it is on sale it should reflect damaged goods, if that's the case it should be labeled as such. I did ask where it came from and if it was "pristine" I use that word because that is what I expect. I was told warehouse and yes it was pristine. Anyway, maybe my bar is set too high? If you get a sale price do you expect a perfect bag?

Oh, no! It's so sad the bag is damaged!!:tdown: I second, indiaink. I'm very picky. I won't be happy with that condition, either. If the price is 90% off kind, I would say just keep it. But just little discount and damaged bag, totally no thank you for me.

They might still have an another one somewhere in their stores. If you like the bag, I would recommend you to contact the SA if she can find the other one for you. Good luck!

I say send it back too, the word 'tear' alone just makes me think :nogood:

I 4th the return opinion! Unless they give you a price adjustment of half, I would return it. It's just poor business acumen to not inspect what goes out before being packed to send. So sorry for the disappointment!

Ah that's too bad. I knew how excited you were for this bag too....might you post pics so we can survey the "damage?"
This might be a good idea. I remember another poster, here, I think iluvmybags had purchased the bag of her dreams to find it came with a defect and she nursed it back but she did get a wopping price adjustment!

This might be a good idea. I remember another poster, here, I think iluvmybags had purchased the bag of her dreams to find it came with a defect and she nursed it back but she did get a wopping price adjustment!

Good memory!! It was a VBH tote! I do remember that and was amazed that they worked with her to get a PA/discount.