Any hesitation at paying full price?

Though not all go on sale. Most of my gucci collection never went on sale and I purchased them at retail price. All but one are no longer available/produced. So it really depends on the piece a customer is looking for.

jroger: if it's a seasonal bag, you can wait and see if you want to try to wait for a sale. Usually seasonal items go on sale unless if the item is really popular and is sold out before making the sale. Btw, what bag are you thinking about?

The Jungle Zip Hobo (some call it small, others call it medium) in Beige, not sure of the official name. I've seen it commonly in black and white, but not beige of course that is what I want. Gucci said it is discontinued, I believe it's from 2010 and I just missed it in the Dec 2011 sale. I do not get a chance to shop at the stores, just online which puts me at a huge disadvantage.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446245182

I try to buy bags at a lower price (authenticated and purchased pre-owned but in excellent condition) if I feel the price is too high, otherwise I'd buy it full price. Knowing there are some brands that don't put their bags on sale if they're really popular collections, you need to think about when this bag was introduced (last year? the year before?). I'd say if you have thought about it and really want it, get it at full price. By the time it comes to a sale, there may be less options for you to choose from and you might really kick yourself then.

Also, it's no longer available on the Saks website, so you might find it difficult to get stock elsewhere. I'd say buy it!

Oooooh, I was eyeing on that bag, too!! I am in a mailing list of Gucci outlet. They once had a mauve color one in last year. I was almost bought it. But I was and am not into purple direction yet. So I didn't snatch it. Maybe it might show up in Gucci outlets.

Here is San Marco, Texas outlet SA's contact info:
Marrisa
[email protected]

Good luck!

Oooooh, I was eyeing on that bag, too!! I am in a mailing list of Gucci outlet. They once had a mauve color one in last year. I was almost bought it. But I was and am not into purple direction yet. So I didn't snatch it. Maybe it might show up in Gucci outlets.

Here is San Marco, Texas outlet SA's contact info:
Marrisa
[email protected]

Good luck!

I actually checked with San Marcus outlet last Saturday, they said they had some of that bag last Sep-Oct timeframe and really would be surprised to receive it again. I didn't ask about color specifics but I never would choose a mauve bag either. It was worth a shot calling them & Saks checked their inventory too. I may just go for it because I'm not into buying a used bag.

My first inclination as buy it as you're giving this a lot of thought. But for some reason that only you can answer you've held off for now or hesitated. That means something is giving you pause. Listen to that voice.

Personally, lots of stores here but too much competition. I decide which bags to look at before they hit the stores and buy whilst they still have everything otherwise I will no doubt be chasing after it all season and I hate that (been there :pout:).

The more exclusive bags and least expensive sell out fastest at Gucci. Plenty of competition for high-end and not much stock to go round. You never know with the middle-priced stuff it's true. My sis was heartbroken that the orange 1973-G shoulder flap was sold out last season and she still goes on about it, it took about 2 weeks in Europe to sell out while she was making her mind-up between the 1973 or the tan Stirrup.

Only once did I buy at full price that later sold in the sale and that's a minimal average as far as I'm concerned so I regard it as just one of those things.

Gucci's got wise recently, 30% is max now on bags and only on very select models.

If at the end of the season it would make allthe difference if you saved 30% ($400 in your case) then wait but $400 max buys a lot of peace of mind, if that is one of the only bags left if that colour a request can be put in from anywhere in the same territory for that bag. That's high odds against the bag making the sale to me.

Good luck OP :tup:

Just buy it.
The risk of it getting away is much greater than the potential reward of possibly getting it on sale later.
Buying at a discount is really good but it should not become a tyranny.
If you buy 95% of your bags at a discount, does it really matter if you pay full price for 1?

So wise

I have NEVER paid full price for a bag. I like saving money, but I also think I feel more 'successful' when I have found a good sale price. With that being said, I have bought several bags as an impulse because they were 'great' deals, but I'm only 'eh' about them. If I hadn't bought a few 'eh' bags, I could have bought one of the bags I REALLY wanted. I say buy it, and then you can just budget to make up the difference.

I have fallen hard for a past season bag that is only available at full price, at one boutique and it happens to still be at FULL PRICE. I am wondering why they will not put this bag on sale. Will it sell out before they put it on sale, then I will be heartbroken? Am I being stubborn, should I just buy it? I normally buy all my bags on sale, but usually I do not get so set on a specific bag right down to the color. I bought the bag on sale in black, but I am just not a black-bag girl & sent it back, which I don't regret but now I am like a love-sick teenager wanting the bag in the other color. Why does this happen to me, I discover this wonderful bag and it is discontinued. Does anyone else have trouble justifying paying full price? BTW it is Gucci and the price is $1200 so it is not crazy expensive.

I rarely fall in love with anything enough to pay full price.. But when I fall, I fall hard.

If you love it and can easily afford it, get it.

Being canadian, i find it difficult to find designer stuff on sale. We only have ONE designer department store unlike the states who have nordstrom, macys, saks, neiman marcus, etc etc and buying online usually mean ridiculous fees to have it shipped here. That means i tend to buy full price because the chances of me finding a bag i like on sale is slim to none. If i was american and had the same access to all the stores and sites, i definitely would have more hesitation to paying full price.

The Jungle Zip Hobo (some call it small, others call it medium) in Beige, not sure of the official name. I've seen it commonly in black and white, but not beige of course that is what I want. Gucci said it is discontinued, I believe it's from 2010 and I just missed it in the Dec 2011 sale. I do not get a chance to shop at the stores, just online which puts me at a huge disadvantage.
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524446245182

It's a medium. My mother purchased a dark orange version of that bag in summer of 2010. Unfortunately they are discontinued. It really is a gorgeous bag. The leather is supple but durable and the deep orange shade they used was stunning - it's an excellent price point for a bag like that. No logos on it but the hobo style and the bamboo definitely identifies it a Gucci bag subtly which is great for mom because she really dislikes logos.

If you really love it then buy it at retail or you can always keep your eye out on ebay or bonanza listings. That's the problem with a lot of Gucci bags - they release a collection and then quickly discontinues it after a year or two (max). After that you can't find it anymore. I purchased my tobacco guccissima boston in 2008 and so glad I did as Gucci discontinued this shade of brown! Now it's pretty rare to find on any listings and they go for the price for more than what I paid.

Just buy it.
The risk of it getting away is much greater than the potential reward of possibly getting it on sale later.
Buying at a discount is really good but it should not become a tyranny.
If you buy 95% of your bags at a discount, does it really matter if you pay full price for 1?

I totally agree with this ^. Don't let it be the 'one that got away' if it's a bag that you really love. I buy all mine on sale, but I can't say I'm totally against paying full price on something. It really depends how difficult finding the item later on would be. Sometimes it's just worth paying more. I think of all the time I spend searching for a sale on a certain item and time is money.....sometimes it's just better to spend the money. Good luck with whatever you decide. :smile: