Any guesses or speculation for Hedi’s 1st collection?

Why would the resale value drop? If the supply is finite, wouldn't it go up? Or just that there would be no demand because it would become dated?

i think it's because theres no demand anymore since the bag is considered dated which is made worse when houses change their creative director. I guess that's because the bags are no longer current and the fact that theyre not available in full retail boutiques anymore makes them lose their "prestige". From reading lots of older posts here in tpf, i noticed that back when preloved market was just starting to gain some traction, a lot of people here in TPF assumed that when bags get discontinued, the value in the secondary market would go up because they will become "collectors items" or something limited. But then through out the years, this has mostly proved wrong and the only discontinued bags that managed to keep decent resale value were limited edition releases. it's just something i noticed in the preloved market. :smile:

Reactions: vink and DESPOINAGR
I think goodies from PP’s last season will roll in in June. After buying and selling bags on eBay (and then to resellers after I got scammed by a buyer on eBay and lost $2700 on a micro luggage...) for 15+ yrs, I’ve learned not to look at bags as investment, but choose wisely - buy bags that I love and would use and with classic shape and shade so they last for a long time without looking dated after a few seasons. So with PP’s departure, I personally would love to see what other bags from her I would want to buy and enjoy for a long time without worrying much on resell value.

I have bought quite a bit of Celine over the last couple of years...I’d say 3/4 of my collection right now is Celine. I still love them all but I’m not wild about the idea that the bags I bought brand new are going to be outdated soon. I have some really old pieces that I’m wondering if I should just offload to make room for newer items... I just love having a “collection” i really hope the luggage stays as it really has the trappings of a long term classic.

I just really love the general clean and modern aesthetic but unless something truly grabs me (like the big bucket) IM gonna TRY to hold off until we see how the new collections shape up.

Is there an estimate on when these changes will occur/when to expect the shops to have discounts possibly?

I really doubt the Celine store will have discount just to get rid of certain bags that will be discontinued, if any. Didn’t they discontinued the Trapeze not too long ago? Did those go on sale at the time?

Been to Bicester Village outlet yesterday, most of the bags were Trapezes. The SA said they didn’t know when the new delivery would be but likely autumn, however they never get certain popular bags like Nano Luggage, box etc...

Yup, especially the box bags, those are their classic line and won’t be discontinued for sure.

I have to agree with other commenters that Hedi is going to start from scratch at Céline and everything but the box bag will be gone. I liked SL during Hedi’s time and I own a few SLs myself but I’m not totally thrilled about a cool LA musician aesthetic for Céline because that brand has too much of Phoebe’s minimalist stamp on it. I just don’t get why Céline didn’t pick a designer who was closer to Phoebe’s aesthetic. Maybe they felt he was the one from the pool of unemployed creative directors? Ugh.

I have to agree with other commenters that Hedi is going to start from scratch at Céline and everything but the box bag will be gone. I liked SL during Hedi’s time and I own a few SLs myself but I’m not totally thrilled about a cool LA musician aesthetic for Céline because that brand has too much of Phoebe’s minimalist stamp on it. I just don’t get why Céline didn’t pick a designer who was closer to Phoebe’s aesthetic. Maybe they felt he was the one from the pool of unemployed creative directors? Ugh.
Not just a minimalist stamp, but more importantly a female and feminine perspective at that. She was never going to start or do a men’s collection, it’s just not her thing. Hedi will do exactly that: men’s and women’s collections with an androgynous bent to boot. He was very successful with Saint Laurent for both sexes, I easily see why they hired him. SAs at dept stores wear up and down the pole that the Belt, Box and Luggage will stay for now as they’re money making products, and they’ve been promised as much for September but it’s only a temporary move until Hedi gets around to relaunch the whole lineup.

When Phoebe presented her last collection for Chloe several years ago, I snapped up several pieces that I still adore and wear, I plan to do the same in the coming year.