Any advice for a newbie?

Do you know if the grand shopping tote comes in a silver chain instead of gold, or is it just gold?
Also, saw a picture of a duffel'ish shaped bag in metallic bronze leather- ring any bells? Anyone have any info about it?

Thank you again!

Yes, the Grand Shopping tote comes in LOTS of colors and some of them have silver hardware :yes:
Off hand, white, brown, red all come w/ silver and there should be black/silver this season as well.

The duffle-ish shaped metallic should be the Luxe Ligne med bowler, do a search and see if that's right.

I did a search and found a pic of the one I was talking about.....

33505d1151012508-pictures-of-new-chanel-bags-for-fall-2006-10.jpg

Sorry, it's so big, I'm still learning. What do yall think? Any idea of the price? I'm pretty sure it's new for Fall 06. What about the price on the Grand Shopper, ballpark?

Percy said:
I did a search and found a pic of the one I was talking about.....

33505d1151012508-pictures-of-new-chanel-bags-for-fall-2006-10.jpg

Sorry, it's so big, I'm still learning. What do yall think? Any idea of the price? I'm pretty sure it's new for Fall 06. What about the price on the Grand Shopper, ballpark?

yes, that's new for f/w 2006. it's called "metallic deerskin zipped tote" on the chanel.com website. i like that bag alot; hope you get it! :flowers:

Percy said:
is it crazy to spend 2 grand on a bag?

Nope, it is not crazy. Just breathe, hand over your credit card, sign the slip, and enjoy the bag! It's gorgeous! I think a lot of people probably feel hesitant about spending a lot of $$$ on a handbag when making a first major bag purchase. But once you see the Chanel bag and how well-crafted it is, how top-notch the materials are, and how it will last you forever, it will make sense.