*Antic Cervo Leather* - Everything You Need to Know and More!

Padparasha your response was so helpful. I DID IT!:yahoo: :yahoo: I pre-ordered the natural from Saks.com. One of the reasons I decided to go for it is that I only buy one premium designer bag per season and I know that the cervo will go with almost every item in my Spring/Summer wardrobe. I really like that it has gold tone hardware (most of my jewelry is gold) and a shoulder strap too. I'll get tons of wear out of it.

When the Fall/Winter bags come out I can decide about the richer brown tones then.

Thanks so much for the feedback. I probably won't receive the bag until late May but I will post pics of it then.

Padparasha your response was so helpful. I DID IT!:yahoo: :yahoo: I pre-ordered the natural from Saks.com.

Awesome LaurieAnn!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you got it!! That's a gorgeous gorgeous bag. I still didn't even post pix yet of the one I kept. It's sooo beautiful. I am totally IN LOVE with mine. It's timeless, classic, smells delicious, feels delicious! etc, etc... I could go on, but you'll see when you get yours.

That's great news. I'm glad I was able to respond so quickly so you got in on the gift card too!!! Enjoy it! And please post pix when you get it. :yes:

Thanks for the link... I checked it out.. have not yet seen the Mother's Day Catalog... can't WAIT to see that!!

Ok, our bags are a little different. I saw this one very briefly at Prada - I think it's gorgeous... just a little on the larger side - so I hope you are able to use larger bags --- the leather is stunning and I do think this bag will be classic. There's nothing trendy about it, it's just very beautiful.

Here's the one I have
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...0226cat5890735cat000011cat12930736cat12360737

And waiting till May... shoot. I don't know... *how* will you do that??? You can always take a trip to Beverly Hills and stop at Prada to stare! :nuts:

:smile: Thank you so much Minette and Padparasha. I'm really getting excited about this bag! P, your bag is one that I came close to purchasing last Fall, but had just purchased a black Kelly from Hermes a few months earlier so I had to pass it up. That rich deep brown really is beautiful. Right now I need something that will work with lighter colors and fabrics so the naturale will be just fine.

I also took the measurements from the website and measured them against my Birkin. The Cervo is the same height and depth but a few inches longer than my 35cm Birkin. It should be fine as I like my bags on the large-ish side.

I sure hope that Prada does some more Antic Cervos for F/W 2007.

LaurieAnn...

Hi - guess what?! I just got the Saks Mother's Day catalog in the mail and saw the purse you ordered. OMG!!! It's gorgeous!!! Way Way sexier in the catalog than the website, for sure!!!

and now, after reading the size in the catalog, I think this style bag comes in an even larger size which is the one I saw in Prada. I mistakenly posted to you that this bag is rather large... but I don't think it is now after seeing these measurements - I just think there are 2 sizes and I *saw* the larger size at Prada - it's more of a travel-size bag.

But wow!! That bag is TDF! Shoot... now I wish I had this catalog yesterday - I would have placed an order too with that gift card special happening. Your bag is a beauty. Can't wait to see it in real life. :P

Oh but Paddy~ I LOVE your bag, too! Both are so pretty! I do love the color on yours, Pad and the shape is awfully cute, too!

LaurieAnn , yes, please post pics -- dying to see this!!

I agree completely that the picture in the catalog is way, way better than the one on the website. The website picture looks "overstuffed" whereas the catalog picture looks slouchy and touchable. I'm also glad to hear about the size difference, I was starting to worry a little bit. The color also looks richer in the catalog, so I'm hoping that it looks like that pic when it arrives.:drool:

Minette, I will most definately post a picture when I receive my bag. It's on pre-order right now and not due to ship until May 31st. :crybaby: Until then I have to look at my catalog picture to keep my spirits up--I pulled it out and have it stuck on my bedroom mirror. LOL

Thank you both so much for your wonderful suppport. I just love it!

Hey Minette & LaurieAnn ...

I *am* totally in love with my bag... so no worries there - no regrets or anything - like I said in my first post to you LaurieAnn, I am planning on keeping and using this bag forever! I love it to pieces. So gorgeous.

However, I now have the Saks catalog sitting on my bedside table with the page pinned open to your new bag. :nuts: It's just gorgeous!!! I left my purse at the foot of the bed before falling asleep... and looked at both to see if I could get the new one as well or if they'd be too similar!!!:roflmfao: Nuts!

I agree with you L.A. that the catalog pic is MUCH richer in color and slouchier and all those wonderful things that makes us want a bag. The website picture isn't worth a dime to look at. So that catalog is going to sell alot of bags. How I wish I got it in time for the gift card -- it's now sitting in my shopping cart, but alas I have no incentive to buy. Will wait until I see your bag in action... for sure! Just May 31 seems an awful long time to wait. Sheesh!

When do the Fall bags come out?? Anybody know?

Padparasha, I know that you must be in love with your Antic Cervo bag. It's very love worthy. I must admit that I would really love to have a second one in the coacoa (sp?) color for Fall/Winter. These bags are very of the moment and classic at the same time. Can't beat that!

BTW, when I showed my husband the picture from the catalog his first response was "Man, I'd love to have something like that in a weekend travel bag size." Guess I'll have to plan a trip to where there's a Prada boutique so I can find one for him. (And more fine Prada for me of course.)