Another Marwari Bag Thread :)

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
After seeing tbestes's action shot in the style ref thread I was absolutely converted to the Marwari and had been obsessing over it ever since.

I started searching any marwari bag posting in the forum and I have to say there isn't many. From this expedition I found out that they first came out last year in the S/S 2008 season in the form of a canvas bag. They then came out in all leather (clemence only) for 2009. They retail for about $4000 and there was a price decrease as some point (curious to know by how much and when).

tbestes and loveclemence posted their etoupe and skes2002 posted her cafe and i was just :nuts::drool::love:

i am glad i saw tbestes action shot because the marwari hangs much better than when fully stuffed and seated as displayed. i think so anyway.

when carried and not overstuffed, it gives a vibe of bohemian chic at the highest order. i suppose naming the bag after an area in rajasthan (india) might have something to do with the feel of this design. i am not sure at the moment, hoping to find out soon. displayed standing stuffed, it looked... a bit odd and i was not attracted to it at all.

so now i am wondering: to those who bought the marwari when it first came out and also recently, how are your marwaris holding up and how are you all loving (or not) yours...?

i know robee is getting her cafe and i can't wait to see modeling pic! tbestes posted excellent modeling pics.

i saw some other modeling pics as well and somehow their marwari did not look like how it hangs on tbestes' action pics, so i figured it might have something to do with how low the bag hangs on you as you adjust the strap, and decided that lower is better :yes: but not too low (the opening of the bag along your rib seems perfect to me, the bag slouches in the best of form as it hangs from this height, at least on me, and from what i can see, on tbestes as well).

can't wait to see your marwari bags and hear about them!

:wlae:

Last edited:
The Marwari is the epitome of understated modern, chic. I am waiting for mine to come in one of the new fab fall colors. I am told it should be here within two weeks.

oooooo...! can you share what these new fab fall colours are? :smile:

i know so far there are: ciel, soleil, parchment, cafe, etoupe and i saw one very dark blue, and a pic of orange. all with hunter ebene or natural barenia (?) straps.

Last edited:
tbestes' etope clemence, "the one" :smile:

0000006830.jpg

0000006831.jpg

0000006832.jpg