Another Marwari Bag Thread :)

PARCHMENT

marwari.jpg

this is parcheim in clemence with barenia handle. Very beautiful.

There is a gold one, love that too.

i am hoping to try the marwari when i visit hk in sept!!! hopefully there will be more pics before then as i am loving the casual look of this bag

great thread bagpunk!

good luck jen! show us lots of action pics if you do decide to get one! and let us know if we missed a colour here!
(PS: are those multicoloured many many birkins yours? :nuts:)

really? wow! does the gold look that orange in real life? robee has seen the gold i think. robee, if you are reading this can you give us a shout? anyone else who has seen gold? i am new to H am yet to familiarize myself with all the colours.

in that case the list of colours should be:

- parchment
- gold
- soleil
- ciel
- etoupe
- cafe
- dark blue?

It is called Marwari after the horses who have unique ears that are similar to the top flaps where the strap begins.

I know there are lots of pictures here of the scarf and shawl with the Marwari horses. It is a beautiful pattern.

thanks for that info andee! i have been wanting to know that for awhile now. i google-ed marwari and it said that it is an area in rajasthan (india) where the marwari horses came from. i thought it might be something like the massai bag where this was inspired by some traditional bag of rajasthan. but if this is inspired by a horse, i can suddenly see that the bag looks a little like the head of a horse! so cute :P

Last edited: