Annoyed at jealous reactions

It's a sad but true fact of life. I lost a longtime friend when he got a wife. I blame him though, not his wife. He should have not allowed that to happen. He should have stuck up for our friendship. Even though I have not seen in in almost 15 years I still get a Christmas card from him every year. Can't make heads or tales out of that.

I have always been the girl with mostly guy friends. And that scares off many guys that I have dated in the past and causes issues with their girls. It made girls not like me more which only made me closer with the guys. I haven't ever quite lost a guy friend over it, but there have been some issues. Seems usually I lose the girl before the guy. I understand jealousy. but when I am on the inside looking out I never understand it.

jealosy is such a horrible thing. can drive a person mad and do insane things if not controlled.
this could be a simple case of jealousy gone mad or maybe he did give her a reason to feel jealous and insecure and the need to start investigating.

big hug to you too.

jealousy can be normal to a certain extent, but that's where communication should come in. the bf and gf should talk to each other about these issues; her attacking you is really idiotic, and shows a lack of trust and communication in their relationship.

mahbag! said:
jealousy can be normal to a certain extent, but that's where communication should come in. the bf and gf should talk to each other about these issues; her attacking you is really idiotic, and shows a lack of trust and communication in their relationship.

Totally my point! I'm not saying she's wrong for being jealous or having a reason to be jealous but you can't go around questionning your husband's friends.

Imagine for a minute that I am having an affair* with her husband. If she messages me saying she's his wife, I'm not going to be telling her "Yeah, hi, you're the wife, huh? I'm the mistress. Is your husband coming over soon?". Either way, she's not gonna learn anything, other than piss off her husband's friends.

*I am not, I haven't ever met him... As I said, gaming buddies.

Anyways, whatever :biggrin: I'm not gonna get more upset. I'll think of something witty next time

I'm so sorry. Don't let her bother you. It's really her problem, not yours.

Of course acting coy by not answering question will just heighten suspicion but there is very little anyone can do to reassure a jealous spouse.

I hope you won't lose your friendship over this.

Perja said:
Tonight, I got contacted out of the blue by one of my old ICQ contacts and it turned out to be his wife, "investigating" who the hell I was.

Now, while OK, one might want to know who (read: who the females are) is on the husband's contact list, there are other ways to do than demand an answer then proceed to ignore the person who talked, without even have acknowledged recieving the answer. This guy is an online gaming buddy whom I hadn't talked to in yonks. :suspiciou

I'm female but I simply can't understand that kind of reaction. It pisses me off when male friends get girlfriends/wives who proceed to go apesh*t over the fact that one of their buddies is female. :mad:
Why does everyone always assume things about women their boyfriend/husband knows?

I have mostly male friends and I am getting paranoid of losing good friends because the girls won't be able to handle the fact that I'm a girl AND the friend of the guy.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I an alien from planet Not-a-Clue? :hrmm:

I just wanted to say **thanks** to this thread and everyone in it. As I was reading everyone's responses I was thinking to myself this is the way I'm beginning to be with my bf and I don't want to continue in that direction. Until I have a reason I shouldn't be accusing. I know he has lots of gf's and I'm not bothered by it. Those type of girls is not someone I want to be come. So **thanks** again everyone for opening my :nuts: to what I was feeling which is basically insecurites. Ever since this morning I've been feeling better.

Talking about the jealous types. My brother's ex was unbelievably possessive. She had to get hold of him constantly, up 20 times a day. He moved every year with his job, and I once caught up with him for dinner since I was in the same town. She rang him 10 times during dinner! She would not believe he was having dinner with his sister!:blink: I hadn't seen my brother for 6 months, and was only catching up for a few hours that evening, and she completely ruined dinner. She is a nice person otherwise, very friendly and seemed genuine. After 4 years of this, he ended up falling for a colleague because she was 'someone he could imagine growing old with'.

He's engaged now, to a most wonderful woman. I do think part of it was his fault, he should have stood up to his ex, and just told her to stop the behaviour. But I believe she wrote the ending to the relationship.

I think this goes back to people thinking guys and girls can't be JUST friends. It's ludacrious. I'm sorry that happened to you.

I hope he didn't do anything wrong to give her a wrong assumption. :/

Basically, I always feel like if you can't trust your husband, then what are you doing with him???? If she has to patrol through all of his contacts, she must not have a very good marraige!!